cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to report an item as "not received"

When I try to report an item as not received, I get the attached error message.  The packages were reported as delivered in tracking, stating it was put on my porch.  But they aren't on my porch.  I try to report that and I get the above error when I click the "I didn't receive it" link under "More Actions".

This seems like it's a major issue.

jojuli_51_0-1689525901498.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @jojuli_51 hopefully the app suggestion worked for you. If it didn't you can contact customer service through chat or callback here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Ask them to add your account to ALERT14812 (that's the tech ticket number for this problem) and they can also assist you with filing the claim.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Get help with an item that hasn't arrived | eBay

Does this link work for you?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Check with your local PO to see if it was actually delivered to your address. If it was, then someone must have taken it, and eBay cannot help you. 

If the item was delivered to a disfferent address, have the PO note this in writing, and then go back to eBay with that evidence. 

For now, you can not file an item not received case, when tracking shows it was delivered. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Glitch aside -

If the item shows delivered to your porch the not received case will not go in your favor.

You need to check with USPS (?) and check with neighbors. 

Unless you can prove the seller didnt ship to your address on the purchase, there is nothing to report.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If you are attempting to start an "item not received" case using a browser and getting a "technical hiccup" error:

Try using the eBay app, if possible to start the "item not received" case -- I seem to be able to get farther along in the process using the app than when using a desktop browser. At least three users have indicated that they were able to successfully start an "item not received" case through the app when the browser link gave that error message.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hey @jojuli_51 hopefully the app suggestion worked for you. If it didn't you can contact customer service through chat or callback here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Ask them to add your account to ALERT14812 (that's the tech ticket number for this problem) and they can also assist you with filing the claim.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It does not.  Same result.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Very helpful, thanks.  They responded to me shortly after contact.  We're working through it.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Plenty to report... I didn't receive the item, regardless of who may be at fault.  My credit card company requires I file to open a reimbursement claim with them.  Which I can't do when the site doesn't work. 

Not sure how this reply is in any way helpful.  It offers neither a solution nor constructive advice.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply