cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase Shipping label

I have been trying to purchase/print a shipping label through eBay for a sold item and I keep getting a time or error advising me something went wrong and to try again later when I hit purchase. Is there a current issue or could I just be a one off? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You didn't provide a lot of detail about the parameters on the shipping label you were trying to purchase/print. Which carrier were you using, were all the dimensions and weights correct, what class of postage were you using, did you actually purchase the label and just can't print it or are you having trouble purchasing the label?

While infrequent I have had issues  purchasing/printing labels through eBay probably due to technical issues or the interface being down between eBay and the carrier you are using. Give it a bit and try again. I always have Pirate Ship in my back pocket as a backup purchase/print capability for shipping labels. Their discounts are about the same as eBay's and they have a couple of shipping classes that eBay does not offer, Priority Mail Cubic being the one I use on occasion. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@icemangolfer336 wrote:

I have been trying to purchase/print a shipping label through eBay for a sold item and I keep getting a time or error advising me something went wrong and to try again later when I hit purchase. Is there a current issue or could I just be a one off? 

Just use another seller of shipping services. As stated above try PirateShip.  You can have them integrated with eBay to upload the eBay order and insert tracking number into eBay. 

I use them sometimes just so I can also purchase their insurance of more than $100. Theirs is way cheaper than eBay's or the USPS.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Other users were having problems two weeks ago.

If you are able to purchase and print postage using a private or incognito browser window, try clearing your cache in the original browser.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Can-t-print-shipping-labels/td-p/33085482

Otherwise, you may be able to print using the "Bulk" label feature, described here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Label-Paying-amp-Printing-failure-work-aro...

Or you may be able to print labels using a third party service such as PayPal or Pirateship.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply