cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to issue refund to buyer as the More Actions drop-down menu in Order Details will not Drop

Hello- A regular customer bought 3 relatively high prices items from me.  I intend to refund 2 of the shipping charges he paid + give a modest discount refund I agreed to, but on the Order Details page the More Actions Drop-Down menu is not dropping down, my cursor just clicks on it and nothing happens.  This has been going on for an hour+ with this customer's transaction, and other customer transactions I tried out of curiosity.  I have never seen this glitch before.  Is this a systemic issue right now across eBay?  All other pages in the Seller Hub seem to be working for me today, but not this one.  Now I will have to explain to the customer that the refund I was going to give can't be done now due to this technical issue, which I hope is known about and resolved soon.  Anyone else with this problem?  Or know of a workaround to issue a refund other than this one method which is the only one I have ever used?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Unable to issue refund to buyer as the More Actions drop-down menu in Order Details will not Dro

Try forcing a refresh of your browser page.  Ctrl-Shift-R.  That will force it to reload the page fully.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Unable to issue refund to buyer as the More Actions drop-down menu in Order Details will not Dro

Thanks for the advice, but I have been in and out of the site multiple times with multiple windows, refreshed, closed, re-opened, still no luck in getting the More Actions Drop-Down tab to do anything. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Are you using the older simple UI or the Seller Hub?

https://www.ebay.com/mys/sold

This was the simpler way to look at your stuff.

Or you can go through the seller hub:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS

See if one of those might help.

The only other thing I can think of, if there is an action already in place and pending it may prevent you from doing anything further till it completes.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi gator08041971-  Thank you for the additional advice:  this link worked https://www.ebay.com/mys/sold and I was able to issue a refund, have not seen the page formatted that way.  Any other Seller Hub method did not allow the drop-down menu to drop to get to the Send Refund tab.  Not sure why this is the case today and not yesterday.  eBay does keep changing around small details to listing pages etc. but in this case they simply broke (for me) the standard Order Details form.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Weird.

Sorry you were having issues, but glad that worked.  For the record, that was the simplified way of doing listings before the seller hub.  I was using that up till the last couple months, stuck in the dark ages as it were.  Good thing it still functions!  Hopefully its not a reoccurring issue.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply