cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add to wishlist - Wishlist not at capacity

For the past few days I’ve been unable to add items to my wishlist. I’m getting a different error than the one I usually get if my wishlist is full, as well. “No items were added because there is not enough space on the list for all of the items.” I get this error even when I attempt to add one item.

I believe the limit is 400. I culled my current list down to 266 and am still getting the same error. I deleted all of my secondary lists in case that was a contributing factor, but it didn’t help. I have this issue in the mobile app, in two different browsers on mobile, and on two different browsers on a desktop.

Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_1345.png

IMG_1346.jpeg

IMG_1347.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are you looking at active listings? How many ended listings are you still watching?

The app may not be deleting items properly. Try using a browser to delete some ended listings and see if that allows you to add more active items to your Watch List.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay please fix your app!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@come_up_city 

You may want to try posting on the app board or addressing your comments directly to eBay rather than replying to other users here.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yes. the app is messed up thanks for trying to help people but the solutions you are offering are not going to change anything. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

the solutions you are offering are not going to change anything

That depends on what problem you are actually encountering. If the problem is that the app is not deleting items from your Watch List, and so you have reached the maximum number of watched items, you may still be able to delete items using a browser, and then add new items to your Watch List.

If the problem is just that the app won't let you add any items to your Watch List at all even though you are not at the maximum, you should still be able to watch new items using a browser.

I can still add and remove items to my Watch List using a browser or using the latest Android version of app (6.149.0.3), so the problem does not seem to be universal. Perhaps there is an issue with the iOS version of the app; I do not know. Make sure you have the latest version of the app, as older versions may act erratically once they have been superseded by new versions.

You have not said how many active items and how many ended items you are watching, so it is difficult to say whether you are at the maximum number of items or not.

In any case, if you want something about the app fixed or changed, you will have to contact eBay for that. Other users cannot help you with that.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I’m having the same issue on the iOS app. I know I’m not at capacity, but it won’t let me add anything to my watchlist. I even deleted and redownloaded the app, and it’s still not working. It was working fine earlier today. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

None of these things work, the exact thing is happening to me. So while your assistance is appreciated, none of this stuff works at all. Literally nothing does. eBay messed something up and it’s preventing a lot of people from liking new things and it will not be resolved until they do something. There is no browser solution that will work, this is an app and browser issue

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

none of this stuff works at all.

Which version number of the app are you using? Which operating system? Which browsers have you tried? Mobile, classic or desktop mode?

How many active items are you watching? How many ended items?

The answers to those questions may help narrow down where the problem actually lies.

If you cannot add or delete items using a browser, then the problem has nothing to do with the app, and waiting for an app update will not actually help you.

If you want eBay to do something, contact eBay directly. The more users contact eBay with specific details of the problem, the more likely eBay will be to address the problem quickly.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply