cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Ground Advantage is switching to USPS Media Mail when printing labels in bulk

This morning I adjusted my business policies for all applicable listings from USPS First Class Package to USPS Ground Advantage. I just noticed when I went to print shipping labels in bulk that sales that have been made since this change are defaulting to USPS Media Mail. When printing labels individually the labels are correctly defaulting to Ground Advantage. These are listings where the only shipping option is Ground Advantage and the categories the items are in do not qualify for Media Mail. This appears to be an issue only with bulk shipping as far as I can tell.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

USPS Ground Advantage is switching to USPS Media Mail when printing labels in bulk

I just had two more Ground Advantage sales that are now correctly defaulting to Ground Advantage in the bulk shipping window. The few sales from earlier this morning are still defaulting to Media Mail but this may have been a temporary glitch that is now resolved.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I have the same problem. When purchase shipping labels together for 2 sales, it showing one order is USPS Ground Advantage,  the other order is USPS First Class(because the listing currently is locked, can't be updated to USPS Ground Advantage yet). But when click to print the shipping labels, the USPS Ground Advantage one becomes USPS Media Mail. I void the USPS Media Mail shipping label, and purchase another shipping label, and it becomes correctly as USPS Ground Advantage when print out. It seems we can't purchase shipping labels together if the few sales are under different shipping service, have to buy shipping label separately.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Same problem here at 8:00am ET Wednesday.  I converted all my listings to GA yesterday.  The two sales I had prior to that come up with First Class in bulk shipping.  The other four sales that occurred after my GA update all have Media Mail chosen on the bulk page. 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I should add that my last sale was yesterday so given the second reply from rising-sun-photography, I'm hopeful it's now fixed.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Two sales from today, the listings are USPS  Ground Advantage. Bulk page purchase shipping label still switching one to USPS Media Mail. Have to void the shipping label.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@barrys_chainsaw_shop wrote:

I should add that my last sale was yesterday so given the second reply from rising-sun-photography, I'm hopeful it's now fixed.

Unfortunately it looks like I spoke too soon. I have had multiple orders since I made that post and some of them are still defaulting to Media Mail when bulk shipping. The weird thing is I have had multiple orders using the same business policy and half of them correctly default to Ground Advantage and the other half incorrectly default to Media Mail.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I have the same issue with bulk shipping. It's defaulting to media mail for most of the orders instead of ground advantage. It started when they changed "parcel select/ground advantage" to "ground advantage" in the shipping options. 

This is not my selling account. 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Problem here still too.  I thought they fixed it but 4 out of 5 sales yesterday (12th) that I'm shipping this morning showed Media Mail rather than GA on the Bulk Shipping page.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

This is the problem I came to the eBay forum to look-up today. Has happened three times to me so far after updating my listings. "Buyer paid $x.xx for Ground Select" and it selects Media Mail, have to catch it and change the drop-down to Ground Select.

It may be related to the buyer's distance from me - the USPS "zone" which changes the pricing - and somehow eBay auto-selecting a different service within the same group. Incredibly strange that Media Mail would even be able to be auto-selected because of how particular the service is about what's shippable (very few things are legally shippable under Media Mail and it should have a whole info page before you're even allowed to select it).

Hope it's fixed soon, not the least of which because of the numerous people likely selecting Media Mail in error, clogging up USPS.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@rising-sun-photography wrote:

This morning I adjusted my business policies for all applicable listings from USPS First Class Package to USPS Ground Advantage. I just noticed when I went to print shipping labels in bulk that sales that have been made since this change are defaulting to USPS Media Mail. When printing labels individually the labels are correctly defaulting to Ground Advantage. These are listings where the only shipping option is Ground Advantage and the categories the items are in do not qualify for Media Mail. This appears to be an issue only with bulk shipping as far as I can tell.

I've seen a few posts about this. Can you get it escalated to the shipping team elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@rising-sun-photography wrote:

I've seen a few posts about this. Can you get it escalated to the shipping team elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay ?

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for alerting us on this!  We've gone ahead and sent this info to our shipping team to take a look at it.  

@rising-sun-photography@barrys_chainsaw_shop@beautifuljewelrynyc If any of you have the opportunity to take a screenshot just before and just after the shipping service changes itself, that would be appreciated!    

Kyle,
eBay
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I don't think there's a before/after, Kyle.

Sellers aren't saying the service is changing within bulk edit - they're saying it's defaulting to the wrong service. In other words, they open bulk labels and default service shows Media Mail. But if they open same order on the single label page it correctly defaults to Ground Adv.

So maybe what you need is 2 screenshots showing the same order and how it appears on both the bulk label page and the single label page?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I only have two pending orders but I have attached a screenshot when I just attempted to bulk ship. Both orders had Ground Advantage as the only method of shipping on the listing. The top order correctly defaulted to Ground Advantage. The bottom order defaulted to Media Mail. You can see that I circled in yellow that the buyer "paid" for Ground Advantage and I circled in red showing Media Mail as the default shipping method. When printing a single shipping label just for the bottom order it correctly defaults to Ground Advantage.

Media Mail.png

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Hey @rising-sun-photography thanks for grabbing that for me and for being so quick too!  That was very helpful!

Also, @wastingtime101 thanks for that clarification on what was happening.  I wasn't quite on the same page at first, so I appreciate the assist!  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 15 of 23
latest reply