cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of "Looks like something's wrong. Please try again" Other online platforms to sell ?

I've had it with Ebay, been on it for 20 years but lately Ebay has been a total disaster, constant glitches. For the past few days I have not been able to list items, getting : "Looks like something's wrong. Please try again". Looking for suggestions for other online platforms ? Hit me please, I  ran out of patience. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Tired of "Looks like something's wrong. Please try again" Other online platforms to se

I list items every day and haven't had that problem. Have you cleared your cache and cookies? Tried another browser? Signed out and signed back in? Rebooted?

At what point in the listing process are you getting the error? Before you start? When you try to submit? If it's when you try to submit, did you check to ensure that there were no required fields that you had missed?

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Tired of "Looks like something's wrong. Please try again" Other online platforms to se

Ebay is full of bugs, 1 person may not exprience anything and another may have a whole lot of them in 1 place.

Just checked if i am experiencing anything and here we go: Listings 244, Listings displayed in store 234, Items for sale 235

Numbers don't add up for me which means some listings are invisible or something. Someone else will be experiencing constant errors during listing proccess, someone else will be unable to add credit card to get paid and so on. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You didn't answer any of my questions...

Listings include all listings active listings. Listings in store include all listings that have indexed in your store. Item for sale EXCLUDE any listings that are out of stock (if you're using the out of stock feature).

You're posting on the US site, but I see you are in Lithuania.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ebay has a current software glitch with verifying seller updates stemming from the seller transfer into payment mgt from PayPal.  I am still on PayPal for buying and cannot get my phone number and checking account updated by the system so I can list again after three years.  When I try, I get "Something's wrong...try again" the same response you describe.  I just spoke at length with an agent who told me the glitch is being investigated and there are more than a few people, mostly past sellers returning after payment mgt began, who have been affected by this problem.  You may want to contact an agent and have your account added to the list of those experiencing this error.  As for other online platforms,  I checked into Etsy but my focus is antique and vintage porcelain and Etsy is more craft/art oriented, I think. Same payment concept as well, interestingly.  After 11 years and almost 1000  transactions as a buyer and seller on eBay, I am hoping IT solves the problem soon so I can stay with what I know.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Tried all that "waste of time" that never seems to help, it glitches on all my devices, desktop, laptop, cellphone, no matter what browser. I've sold hundreds of items over the years, it happens right at the beginning as I search for category to list in, can't get past that point, managed to list just one item a week ago, even that one is getting no views. I should point out that this happens on Ebay.ca only, Ebay.com seems fine. I used to list on .com exclusively and switched to .ca about 6 months ago as Ebay does not allow to have the $ USD payments directed to my Paypal account anymore and to avoid USD to CAD conversion fees. It all seemed to work fine until recently. It almost feels like they want Canadians to list on Ebay.com so they can hold on to the conversion fee on top of regular fees.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I should point out that this happens on Ebay.ca only, Ebay.com seems fine.

In that case, you may want to post on the ebay.ca discussion boards -- there may be some advice that Canadian sellers that have run into the same problem can offer you:

https://community.ebay.ca/

Message 7 of 7
latest reply