cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Help, RE: Views Watchers Counter still not functioning

How come the Views/Watchers counter column is still not fixed after several months?  The majority of the time it shows no data or a dash with a zero below it.  Surely eBay is aware of this problem?  Other posters say they are aware and working on it and that it does not affect sales. I disagree. Please fix this very important seller feature soon, please.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Tech Help, RE: Views Watchers Counter still not functioning

Amen to that!  I guess the information is useless.... 😞

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

My views/watchers counter column was working fine until this past week. 

Not sure what happened or changed?  I agree that it is an important feature.  I've used it to gauge interest in a listing and to tweak the title and/or price of a listing.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Sales plummetted in May and June. Ever since they decided to IMPROVE the site. Well, I've had glitches galore since then as a buyer and as a seller.  As a seller of course I want buyers so I put up with the nuisance of the constant changes.  But as a buyer,  the changes drive me away.  Searching is like a 3 shell peanut magicians game.  Items appear and disappear.  In other words SEARCH MANIPULATION.  I wonder if this view/watchers problem is related. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sweettsymphony wrote:

How come the Views/Watchers counter column is still not fixed after several months?  The majority of the time it shows no data or a dash with a zero below it.  Surely eBay is aware of this problem?  Other posters say they are aware and working on it and that it does not affect sales. I disagree. Please fix this very important seller feature soon, please.

Hi @sweettsymphony, we are working on these issues currently and while I don't have an estimated date for a fix to provide, we will get a solution in place as soon as possible. I want to clarify that the view/watcher count this is a display issue and this is not affecting the data used to calculate your impressions. We apologize for the trouble and will be sure to add your username to our list of impacted users.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have replied to so many similar posts.  I recomend checking out similar discussion boards.  There is a ton of messages.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

trinton@ebay

You can add my username to the list also along with everyone else that is having a problem (must be a

really long list).  My computer slapped me back today after I refresh my page a hundred times just to see if the view count is working along with all the other glitches you have. Etsy sounding better and better to ME these days.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

cahudontt
Rising Star

Same issue here

Message 8 of 8
latest reply