cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Chat Transcript NOT Received NOT Attached in "Customer Service Chat Transcript" Message

I had to contact chat support. I received a message that the transcript of my chat session was attached to the message. However, there was no attachment and it was not in the body of the message.

I've seen someone else post about this before, so I'm not the only one, but they received no help afaik.

I mentioned that it was not attached in the "how did we do" survey that came later and have not received any further communication. 

How do I get a transcript of my chat session?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Support Chat Transcript NOT Received NOT Attached in "Customer Service Chat Transcript" Message

Well, I contacted "customer service" (what a joke of a name) to report that my transcript of my previous chat was not attached to the message in my eBay messages that says the following:

Hello ,

Thanks for contacting eBay. We hope that your questions were answered and resolved to your satisfaction during our recent chat.

We've attached a transcript of the chat session to this email and sent a copy to your registered email address in case you need to refer to it again.

If you need to contact us about anything else, click Help & Contact at the top of most eBay pages and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

eBay  

I was told to just get the transcript from my registered email address. I was given all sorts of non-link links to various messages in my eBay messages, and told that they can see my messages, but she never mentioned the transcript message.

After I copy/pasted the above into the chat box, I was also told that the transcript would not be in my eBay messages, and would only be in my registered email. I said that's why I was reporting the technical issue and asked why the message said it was attached if it was only available in my registered email instead of the internal messages on the platform itself.

1. If it's not going to be in my eBay messages, then I should not be getting a message after the fact, in my eBay messages entitled "Customer Service Chat Transcript" stating that the transcript is attached!

2. I would like to keep the transcript of the agent telling me to specifically do something in regards to an issue that arose after a potential buyer contacted me via my bleeping eBay messages. I want the two things to be in the same place.

I asked several times, and then insisted that the issue of non-existent transcript be reported to the tech team and requested a ticket number repeatedly for the report. The agent gave me a number that ended up being our chat ID number (it was at the end of the message subject "Customer Service Chat Transcript SR# & some numbers"). 

I eventually chatted with someone who claimed to be a supervisor who also provided the same number that her lying agent gave me. 

devon@ebay

How do I get a ticket number for post "customer service" chat transcript emails in eBay messages that do not have transcripts attached?

Anyone? Why can't official eBay business be obtained on the eBay platform itself, especially when they send a message that says it's attached, but it's not? Why can I only  access the transcript via an external email account that I'm unable to forward to my eBay messages so I can keep it with the buyer message it was about?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@ltldpr wrote:

Well, I contacted "customer service" (what a joke of a name) to report that my transcript of my previous chat was not attached to the message in my eBay messages that says the following:

Hello ,

Thanks for contacting eBay. We hope that your questions were answered and resolved to your satisfaction during our recent chat.

We've attached a transcript of the chat session to this email and sent a copy to your registered email address in case you need to refer to it again.

If you need to contact us about anything else, click Help & Contact at the top of most eBay pages and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

eBay  

I was told to just get the transcript from my registered email address. I was given all sorts of non-link links to various messages in my eBay messages, and told that they can see my messages, but she never mentioned the transcript message.

After I copy/pasted the above into the chat box, I was also told that the transcript would not be in my eBay messages, and would only be in my registered email. I said that's why I was reporting the technical issue and asked why the message said it was attached if it was only available in my registered email instead of the internal messages on the platform itself.

1. If it's not going to be in my eBay messages, then I should not be getting a message after the fact, in my eBay messages entitled "Customer Service Chat Transcript" stating that the transcript is attached!

2. I would like to keep the transcript of the agent telling me to specifically do something in regards to an issue that arose after a potential buyer contacted me via my bleeping eBay messages. I want the two things to be in the same place.

I asked several times, and then insisted that the issue of non-existent transcript be reported to the tech team and requested a ticket number repeatedly for the report. The agent gave me a number that ended up being our chat ID number (it was at the end of the message subject "Customer Service Chat Transcript SR# & some numbers"). 

I eventually chatted with someone who claimed to be a supervisor who also provided the same number that her lying agent gave me. 

devon@ebay

How do I get a ticket number for post "customer service" chat transcript emails in eBay messages that do not have transcripts attached?

Anyone? Why can't official eBay business be obtained on the eBay platform itself, especially when they send a message that says it's attached, but it's not? Why can I only  access the transcript via an external email account that I'm unable to forward to my eBay messages so I can keep it with the buyer message it was about?

Hey @ltldpr! Are you just needing the ticket number or that and a copy of the transcript?  

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

Hello ,

Thanks,

eBay  

devon@ebay

Hey @ltldpr! Are you just needing the ticket number or that and a copy of the transcript?  

Hi devon@ebay , both.

I would like all transcripts that should be generated after a chat to be attached to the message in my eBay messages emails that state it's there but is not. (I'd like to keep it in the same place (eBay messages) as the buyer's message that it was initially about.)

I'd also like a ticket number, if one was generated, reporting the issue of missing transcripts. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@ltldpr wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

Hello ,

Thanks,

eBay  

devon@ebay

Hi devon@ebay , both.

I would like all transcripts that should be generated after a chat to be attached to the message in my eBay messages emails that state it's there but is not. (I'd like to keep it in the same place (eBay messages) as the buyer's message that it was initially about.)

I'd also like a ticket number, if one was generated, reporting the issue of missing transcripts. 

Hey @ltldpr! The ticket number(s) should be in the subject of the email/eBay message that is sent out and should start with "SR#". As far as a copy of the transcript I recommend reaching back out to customer support and they should be able to copy and send out the transcript to the email that is attached on your account.  

Devon,
eBay
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

Hello ,

Thanks,

eBay  

devon@ebay

Hi devon@ebay , both.

Hey @ltldpr! The ticket number(s) should be in the subject of the email/eBay message that is sent out and should start with "SR#". As far as a copy of the transcript I recommend reaching back out to customer support and they should be able to copy and send out the transcript to the email that is attached on your account.  

devon@ebay 

That's just it - I need it in my eBay messages and that's why I reported that it's not there.

Here's what happened:

Buyer contacted me wanting to accept offer I sent but eBay bot was forcing expedited shipping when I offered 3 different options in listing.

Buyer wanted GA (about $8 cheaper). I couldn't change shipping on listing due to offers having been made. 

I contacted support.

Support told me to have buyer pay for higher shipping, ship GA, and issue refund.

Because I know that if we don't ship according to what buyer chose at checkout - the bot can ding my account.

I stated this concern. Support said not to worry about that and that it would not happen.

I NEED the chat transcript to be IN MY eBay messages where the buyer's messages are in the event of a ding on my account.

I can't forward the transcript from my registered email address to my eBay messages. It's nice to have in my registered email, but no good to me in the even that I need it to cover my back side with the eBay bot.

I hope that makes sense. I don't think the support people I contacted after the fact understood the necessity either, but it's to cover my rear end. I need the transcript in my eBay messages. 

Ticket issue: Chat ID numbers are the equivalent of Ticket numbers? I thought ticket numbers started with ALERT and some numbers. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ltldpr wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

Hello ,

Thanks,

eBay  

devon@ebay

Hi devon@ebay , both.

devon@ebay 

That's just it - I need it in my eBay messages and that's why I reported that it's not there.

Here's what happened:

Buyer contacted me wanting to accept offer I sent but eBay bot was forcing expedited shipping when I offered 3 different options in listing.

Buyer wanted GA (about $8 cheaper). I couldn't change shipping on listing due to offers having been made. 

I contacted support.

Support told me to have buyer pay for higher shipping, ship GA, and issue refund.

Because I know that if we don't ship according to what buyer chose at checkout - the bot can ding my account.

I stated this concern. Support said not to worry about that and that it would not happen.

I NEED the chat transcript to be IN MY eBay messages where the buyer's messages are in the event of a ding on my account.

I can't forward the transcript from my registered email address to my eBay messages. It's nice to have in my registered email, but no good to me in the even that I need it to cover my back side with the eBay bot.

I hope that makes sense. I don't think the support people I contacted after the fact understood the necessity either, but it's to cover my rear end. I need the transcript in my eBay messages. 

Ticket issue: Chat ID numbers are the equivalent of Ticket numbers? I thought ticket numbers started with ALERT and some numbers. 

@ltldpr I completely understand. In this case when you reach out to customer support they can copy and attach the chat transcript that can be sent out via email. This will also show in your eBay messages as the system customer support agents use do both when they send out an email. For ticket numbers, if they are tied to an individual account they can be referenced as SR #'s and then tickets that impact the entire site or multiple members those will start with ALERT.

Devon,
eBay
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

Hello ,

Thanks,

eBay  

devon@ebay

Hi devon@ebay , both.

devon@ebay 

Here's what happened:

I contacted support.

@ltldpr I completely understand. In this case when you reach out to customer support they can copy and attach the chat transcript that can be sent out via email. This will also show in your eBay messages as the system customer support agents use do both when they send out an email. For ticket numbers, if they are tied to an individual account they can be referenced as SR #'s and then tickets that impact the entire site or multiple members those will start with ALERT.

devon@ebay So I need to contact them a 3rd time and request that they send a specific transcript as an attachment? There was no attachment the last time I contacted them about the missing transcript from the time before. 

None of the transcripts are attached in My eBay Messages. Ever. Someone else previously reported the same thing. That's the entire issue. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply