cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for changing the way I take & download pictures

smiley0526
Rising Star

Hi All - I'm a 15 year seller and I'm trying to challenge myself to work Smarter not Harder when creating my listings. For years I've been using a Nikon Coolpix camera to take my eBay pictures. I'm in the process of getting a new computer with Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there's a quicker way for me to take and download my pictures. I currently have an iPhone SE. I've tried taking pictures that way but haven't been impressed with the quality. I'm wondering if I should upgrade my phone so I can eliminate the Nikon altogether. I prefer to work on a Desktop computer. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can speed up the picture phase of listing? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Dorothy

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Suggestions for changing the way I take & download pictures

I can only speak for myself, but I don't wish to have to learn the intricacies of using a phone as a camera, when I already understand the functioning and limitations of my existing camera. As long as you have an efficient method of transferring photos to your PC, I don't have any suggestions to help, as I'm in the same boat you are. Of course there is the possibility that a new camera may have faster processing speed, maybe with faster-acting memory cards, which makes the photographing session go faster.  Maybe we'll attract added comments from others who may have some tips.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thx kds99. If I learn anything new I'll let you know.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@smiley0526   Maybe this will save you time overall..  I first create my drafts... then I take pics for 5 to 10 items.  Then upload the pics from my SD card reader that I put in my computers USB drive.  

Also you do not need super high resolution I only use about 7mp on my camera because ebay's system downsizes the pics to around 2mp  I use 7mp so I can crop the pics a bit if needed and still have the required pixel count  

Good luck on your sales! 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 4
latest reply