cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stating "I'll Meet You In The Middle" in a counteroffer is triggering a warning

Hi, 

I'm attempting to respond to offers by and including some usual lines of text, such as "I'll meet you in the middle at $23" and this is triggering a warning that I'm not allowed to sell outside of eBay and must alter my message. 

This has never happened before, today. 

Thought you should know, eBay. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Stating "I'll Meet You In The Middle" in a counteroffer is triggering a warning

Most likely the "I'll meet you" phrase and its variations are common in messages attempting to move a deal off of eBay, and your innocent message is now being flagged for that reason.

To avoid triggering that warning you may need to come up with an alternative phrase that signifies the same thing, such as "I would be willing to split the difference".

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Stating "I'll Meet You In The Middle" in a counteroffer is triggering a warning

I literally stated the same thing in my original post...  The point is that it was never an issue to state "i'll meet you in the middle" and now it is triggering this response. I did come up with another line, obviously.

Is it your job to sit on here and point on the obvious all day long? Because if not, it sure seems like it. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Risking your asking me if it's my job to point out the obvious all day long (It's not, not by a long shot).

If that phrase has not triggered any problem before, maybe you have run into a different "bot".  A real person doesn't read that stuff, but I guess you know that.

That phrasing suggestion by eburtonlab might work.  Or simply figuring out how much you would take and stating that: "But $23 would work for me -- how about you?" is another possibility.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Is it your job to sit on here and point on the obvious all day long?

Most everything I post is obvious... to me.

Whether it is obvious to others is often not entirely clear.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Right, yeah, I'm sure that's what triggered the bot. I was just wanted to put in on record that this occurred in these forums. With all of the other unusual and novel experiences we've been having with eBay, I thought I'd just add one more. That's all. Thanks

Message 6 of 6
latest reply