cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic problems adding items to custom lists

When I'm viewing an item and want to add it to a watchlist, sometimes (more often than not) none of my lists are showing up. If I clear the browser's cache, they will appear for a while then disappear again. I have the same issue when I try to move an item from one list to another by adding it to a list then deleting it from the list I incorrectly placed it into. My browser is Firefox 108.0 (64-bit) running on Windows 10 Pro. I can't say for sure when this issue started, but it's been happening for at least two months.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sporadic problems adding items to custom lists

In the past when I have had issues adding items to lists or finding custom lists (or when the "add to list" dropdown is replaced with a text link), signing out of eBay completely, restarting the browser and then signing back in has often proven effective.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

So, I'm having a similar problem.  Running Safari 14.1.2 on Mac Mojave.

Usually, if I want to add something to my custom lists, and they don't show up, refreshing the page will -- eventually -- load the lists back into the dropdown menu. (Sometimes it takes quite a while: the average is 4 reloads, and my all-time record is 32.) Doing the sign-out, restart, sign in dance doesn't make a bit of difference, nor does clearing the cache. This has been going on since the site code got switched to a Java-driven list management setup instead of HTML, and it's gotten worse since the old HTML "All Lists" URL workaround went bye-bye.

That was the situation: if the dropdown only showed "Watch List", "Wish List", and "Add to New List", I just reloaded the page until it sorted itself out. Until this afternoon, that is; not only does the font and display size for the drop-down look wrong, the only options displayed are "Watch List" and "Add to a New List" (which isn't a option since I'm at the maximum number; I tried adding a new list as a test, and it didn't even tell me that I'm full up, I just got an exclamation point in a red circle with no information on either mouseover or click). Wish List doesn't even show on the dropdown. I managed -- once -- to get an item that I knew was on a list to load that information, but the page display was still messed up; there was no blue header banner with the list / link, but there was a "Manage My Lists" link that claimed that the item was on 24 lists.

I know that there have been a couple of incidences in the past few years where the database hiccupped and mashed a bunch of peoples' custom, wish, and watch lists into one giant mangled headache. I was one of the folks who got hit by that bug. I also haven't seen a giant forum thread screaming about the issue, so either it's not that widespread, or a bunch of people are taking the holidays off. So, is this some new user experience "improvement" that isn't, or is it a bug that will be addressed in the (hopefully) near future? 

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 01.13.53.png

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Oh, this just gets funnier. 

I pulled up an item that I added to a custom list last night, and refeshed the page until the list information loaded. Mind you, it's on one -- and only one -- list. It's just easier to show you the results.

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 01.56.09.pngEenie, meenie, meine, mo...Eenie, meenie, meine, mo...

I got nothin'. I just hope that this mishegoss doesn't screw up Checkout.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Doing the sign-out, restart, sign in dance doesn't make a bit of difference, nor does clearing the cache.

Try another browser.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply