cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Cost Is Not Correct - Changed On Its Own

Hi! I just noticed 3 of my listings have inaccurate shipping charges.  There may be more but I could not tell being so many of my items vary in weight and size. 

My accessories section caught my eye. All shown have the same weight and dimensions. They are under the same calculated shipping profile as well. 

As you can see in the image attached the accurate ones are showing as $4.38, the inaccurate ones are showing as $2.50 shipping.  I use calculated shipping and no matter what zip code I enter the rate does not change on the listings affected. 

I am not sure what to do with these listings.  

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping Cost Is Not Correct - Changed On Its Own

Double check the Package Type.  eBay will allow you to select Large Envelope which ships without tracking and can only be purchased from USPS (not eBay).  You need to change the package type to Package/Envelope for First Class Package and the postage displayed will be correct.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The items with $2.50 shipping appear to be using flat rate shipping, rather than calculated as it isn't necessary to enter a zip code to see the shipping cos on those items.  Are you sure that they are on the same business policy as the other ones?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 I only have 3 policies I use. FC, regular priority and oversized. I am sure they are all on the same profile. I double checked. It does appear that they are flat rate, but they should not be. And I find it strange that the shipping cost is my asking price. lol
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Double check the Package Type.  eBay will allow you to select Large Envelope which ships without tracking and can only be purchased from USPS (not eBay).  You need to change the package type to Package/Envelope for First Class Package and the postage displayed will be correct.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@dtexley3 You are spot on. They were set to large envelope. I appreciate your help. Thank you so much!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

brian@ebay Hi Brian, just tagging you to notice this is two instances of this issue in just one day.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Make it three.  I just shipped a hat to Thailand, by size and weight.  The buyer paid one price, and Ebay charged me at least $5 more than the buyer was charged.  This was a measured box and pre-weighed.  Neither changed. 

At the same time, I probably won't see a reply to this until tomorrow.  My internet service is down due to a lightning strike.  It took out a good chunk of the town. Frontier is dragging its feet about getting us back up.  Just put my store on vacation but it won't do jack for auction listings... (rant truncated)  This is being sent from a public library.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 7
latest reply