cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship from Zip Code Missing on New label Form

-

Hello fellow eBayers,

The new label form has presented several new problems.

I have worked around some of these, but after reading a message board that was in November of 2018 where the member accepted the solution to use the old label form until this problem was fixed in a few weeks, I fear that this one is still a problem?

I have looked for the old easy way to put in the zip code of the post office where I drop my packages off.

There is nothing easy on this new form!

I see a place to edit my return address if different than my ship from address but I do not have a different address.

Maybe I am missing something and hopefully someone can explain?

Please.

Greatly appreciated, Amy

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ship from Zip Code Missing on New label Form

@amyo48 wrote:

-

Hello fellow eBayers,

I have worked around some of these, but after reading a message board that was in November of 2018 where the member accepted the solution to use the old label form until this problem was fixed in a few weeks, I fear that this one is still a problem?

I have looked for the old easy way to put in the zip code of the post office where I drop my packages off.

I see a place to edit my return address if different than my ship from address but I do not have a different address.

Please.

Greatly appreciated, Amy

Have not used the "new label flow" recently, but in the past I was able to change the ship from PO zip by clicking on the "return address change" edit.

When it opened it offer me an option to put a ship from Post Office without changing my "actual return address". You could just use general delivery. Did not need the physical street address.

Also when doing that it was saved as a possible ship from address for future mailings.  More than one "ship from" can be saved. Nice if using 3-4 offices to ship from.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Good luck getting them to look into this issue. A few weeks ago I notice on international label the zip codes for the buyers address were getting placed before the city and provenance. I called eBay and their outsourced rep in manila did not want to have it looked into I posted in here and tagged 3 reps but to date there is no answer. A user said the issue has been occurring for over 3 years and they have done nothing. most likely a issue with how the users info is sent to Britney Bowes.

nternational shipping labels from US to Canada city, provenance, and zip code in the wrong order.

I sold a item to a buyer in Canada and at the post office when dropping the item off I noticed the zip code for the buyers address was in the wrong place on the label. The buyers address is 

10709 88A Street
Fort St. John BC V1J 5X8

but the label  had

10709 88A Street
V1J 5X8 Fort St. John BC

The zip code should be after BC and not before the city. When I got home I selected to purchase a new label to make sure the buyer had not provided their address with a error in it. It turns out when you go to purchase a label the address appears to be correct with the city, province, then the zip code. IT looks like when the label is being purchases this order is being changed. I called  Ebay support and the rep insisted that that there should be no problem as none of the information was changed. I tried several times to get her to recognize that I was only trying to report the order being changed on the address so that it can get looked into and fixed. finally she said she would submit a report but I do not think she really did. My concern is this could cause a delay in the shipping possibly resulting in the item being return to me for not having the correct address. Can someone forward this posting to a @ebay rep to get the issue looked into.

I have attached 2 screen shoots the 1st shows the buyers address when purchasing a label I have removed the buyers name from the image. The 2nd shows the actual shipping label with the zip code in the wrong place highlighted in blue On this image I removed the buyers name and tracking number.

This is from order number 22-03815-32186

and the label is under my shipping labels page using item order number 323890438681.

ship 2.jpglabel zip.jpg

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi,

Looks like you have a different problem with the zip code.

-

My problem is that on the new label form there is not an easy little box to put in the zip code

of another post office if you are not shipping from the post office of your address.

It is on the classic old label form that should have never been changed.

It was perfect so why change it?

I appreciate your problem as well and we can only hope that the eBay techs or designers can get these corrected.

Thanks for your input, Amy

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I know it is slightly different but posted the issue I ran into incase someone from eBay reads your post. You can go back to the classic label page. In the URL delete the word new_label and then paste in back_to_classic. This will load the old label page. If you get a error saying the page can not be found then there is a error in the URL.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@amyo48 wrote:

-

Hello fellow eBayers,

Please.

Greatly appreciated, Amy

Have not used the "new label flow" recently, but in the past I was able to change the ship from PO zip by clicking on the "return address change" edit.

When it opened it offer me an option to put a ship from Post Office without changing my "actual return address". You could just use general delivery. Did not need the physical street address.

Also when doing that it was saved as a possible ship from address for future mailings.  More than one "ship from" can be saved. Nice if using 3-4 offices to ship from.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@amyo48 wrote:

-

Hello fellow eBayers,

Please.

Greatly appreciated, Amy

I just gave it a try. It works.

Just be sure to put a check mark in the box that says:      My ship from and return address are different.

It it messes up, don't panic. You can go back in a change it until it is the way you want with your "return to" address not changing.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

So I just tried this and it does work.

I put in General Delvery for the address and I guess that is okay for now until eBay goes back to quick and easy!

Thank You, Amy

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@amyo48 wrote:

So I just tried this and it does work.

I put in General Delvery for the address and I guess that is okay for now until eBay goes back to quick and easy!

Thank You, Amy

The GD doesn't show up anywhere, so it is just a quick thing to get it in there rather than looking up the actual "street address" of every PO that you want to "ship from".  Using the GD tip was from another poster many months back. Sorry I can not credit them as I do not remember who it was.

With the "ship from" different, you just have to double check going in that it is the way you want it. If you get it set up correctly the default Zip (yours, or the one you ship from most if desired) will be shown unless you want a different one.

My understanding, as it has been posted in the past, including DMM references, it is NOT a requirement to change the "ship from" on many classes of mail when shipping from an office where there would  not be a rate difference.

I like to do it so that the office doing the actual handling of the packages gets the financial credit. No offices in my area have issues with accepting packages with whatever "ship from" are on my packages. You can read about the cranky/misinformed USPS employees in post here on the boards.

One nearby "small office" employee had been misinformed by someone about the office that he worked at not getting $$ credit for the packages.  He had previously told me that he liked it when I brought some in because the scans helped to show that there was some productivity there. (doesn't really matter. Nearly all small offices run at a $$$ loss, unless they have some huge bulk mailer)

I set him straight to the fact that not only was the office showing that they were actually doing something by the scanning/acceptance reports generated by the office, but that whenever possible when purchasing a label,  I was changing the "ship from" to that office so that financial credit was also showing up for them.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply