cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved search not working for over 3 weeks

I reported this problem April 23.  Saved searches are still not working. Guess Ebay does not care. I am saving money with this feature being broken. I have given up on thinking this will be fixed.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Saved search not working for over 3 weeks

@elmomax wrote:

I reported this problem April 23.  Saved searches are still not working. Guess Ebay does not care. I am saving money with this feature being broken. I have given up on thinking this will be fixed.

Hi @elmomax. Could you please provide us with more details on what's happening? Are you receiving an error message? Screenshots would be great if possible, and any details you could share. Thank you

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

after having dozens of saved searches and receiving emails for years notifying me of new items for each saved search, emails just stopped with last email on saved search I believe on April 23rd (reported this issue twice).  There are no error messages, just no emails coming at all, not ONE. I deleted and re-entered a few saved searches and that did not seem to help - still no email notifications. There are no error messages, the functionality just stopped working. In the absence of saved search email notifications, my buying from eBay after 24 years will likely almost entirely cease as I do not have time to search daily or even several times a week on types of items I have in saved searches. Let me know if you need additional information.  You can look up the case I filed in late April and again yesterday.  thank you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

All of my saved searches have email notifications stipulated - I checked again.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@elmomax wrote:

All of my saved searches have email notifications stipulated - I checked again.

Good morning @elmomax. I've heard back from our team that handles saved searches and they were able to discover what was going on:

"We can see the error from the customer's mail server: "User is receiving mail too quickly". The error is triggered by a significant amount of emails were sent very close together. "The emails were queued and will be retried until successful."

We love to see how many saved searches you have!!! We have a suggestion that may help. We recommend switching your email service provider to Gmail. This may allow for the amount of saved searches you have to come to your inbox without getting "stuck".

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I can reduce the number of searches, if that will help. I will not change to Gmail.  I now have four saved searches, let us see what happens. Thank you for getting back to me. Thought it is hard to understand why this was not an issue for years and suddenly became an issue.

Will let you know the outcome, but I am not changing email providers. Not an option for me.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If the emails are stuck in queue and retried, why did not one of them come through since April 23rd - not ONE.  Thanks again.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

By the way - I deleted all of my searches and only re-entered 4 saved searches yesterday. NO emails arrived today. The four searches are for items that alway have new listings. Will give it another two days and let you know. I do not think 4 saved searches should be too many!

Thank you for your help.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Elizabeth,

Just to let you know, saved search emails are still not arriving. As I mentioned, I deleted all but 4 saved searches for items that always have new items listed. All four searches are with email notifications. So while it was a good guess that I had too many saved searches, that is not the cause of the issue.  Hopefully your team can come up with a solution. Changing email to gmail is not a viable solution for me as I will not check two emails daily - just not going to work for me.  So for now, eBay is on indefinite hold with no plans to use again after 24 years and probably 2000 purchases. Sorry, but I am sure I am not the only person using Yahoo mail which worked for years in delivering saved search email notifications. Something else is broken as others have posted of the same issue as I have.

Thank you.

Erica

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I am having this same problem. I noticed when I had the iPhone mail app open, it looked like they were coming in, but they disappeared. This has been occurring for months now. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay 

AM

I am having this same problem. I noticed when I had the iPhone mail app open, it looked like they were coming in, but they disappeared. This has been occurring for months now.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply