cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL problems with uploading photos...

And here I thought a MONTH was bad to be having problems uploading photos on ebay.........NOW I am seeing it has been going on for almost a YEAR! There are many more of us having this problem.......

Each time ...a ticket has been opened ..or have you checked all browsers .. ad nauseum!!

This thread here is over a year old surfacing the problem that many of us are STILL having......

If WE can't list /list quickly , Ebay can't earn money either! 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/CAN-T-UPLOAD-PHOTOS/td-p/32721787

PLEASE help us ! 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: STILL problems with uploading photos...

I have been listing all month, no issues. PC with MS Edge.  5 to 24 photos, no issues.  FWIW...

Posting ID
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

When were you opted in to the new listing form ?  I am in the midwest . I am thinking it is either a listing form bug - opted in later OR ebay server issue effecting this area ........I have tried EVERY browser , cleared cookies x1000000 ...it is definitely ebay and NOT me or other 100's of sellers having this issue.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I believe I started on the new tool last summer or a bit before that.  Pic have always been snappy aside from a couple of isolated instances, imo.

DFW area. 

Posting ID
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I have been having problems loading the pictures since I was made to use the new SYI form. 

Pictures load,  then disappear. 

No working ahead.....if you scroll down to attempt to keep working on the listing.... the whole thing refreshes and you lose everything. 

Now with the latest "improvements" to the SYI form, I can have the entire listing done and it will not submit.....you can't push the button.

This has been extremely frustrating.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

brian_burke@ebay 😭😭

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be not be using eBay's listing form or sell similar to begin with.

The fastest way to list for more than 20 years has been desktop listing software.

Unlike eBay your listings and drafts are not stored for a limited time - they are stored for as long as you want on your computer.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@christ-eternal wrote:

I have been having problems loading the pictures since I was made to use the new SYI form. 

Pictures load,  then disappear. 

No working ahead.....if you scroll down to attempt to keep working on the listing.... the whole thing refreshes and you lose everything. 

Now with the latest "improvements" to the SYI form, I can have the entire listing done and it will not submit.....you can't push the button.

This has been extremely frustrating.

@becksrelics @   This is true.  I have been allowing all the pics to load before moving down the listing page, otherwise the pics disappear.    I did not think about that when I posted above.

The pics do load quickly, but there is wait time in most cases. 

Posting ID
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Like Inkfrog etc ? Or a x listing service ? 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Why do you think it's just ebay ? I can upload pics anywhere else in no time flat and never an issue .......I am just about at the point of giving up...........and that would be a shame after 23 years on here.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

And just tried Microsoft Edge ...AGAIN ...hit list button and nothing...........It is DEFINITELY not me.....it is more than likely the version of the SYI form I am listing thru/with.........

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

When you get to this point, eBay community, after struggling for more than an hour by yourself, after eBay customer service, via telephone, can't figure it out...

MAYBE THERE'S A PROBLEM

Been selling on eBay for almost 20 years. Took a hiatus, then started up again a couple months ago. Uploading photos via my PC was a hassle that required multiple calls to eBay customer support and a lot of my own time, but I managed to get it done. Now, today, it's proven impossible. I'm working from a PC that won't budge from Edge (thanks Hewlitt-Packard and Microsoft for this arrangement--always used Chrome before with no problems). When I try to drag and drop (I've got the photos downloaded to my PC), I get a red error/invalid message on the eBay side. Nor can I copy and paste. I can copy the photo and get it on a clipboard, but when I go to paste it, no dice: There is no paste option.

Is it possible to import from Google photo? If so, how?

And thanks, eBay, for helping small timers like me. You-all were up in arms about the change in 1099 reporting thresholds, saying you were looking out for folks like us. Now, when something like this happens--and it's happening to people with cheap bundled devices--you shrug.

Nice.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply