cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEARCH OPTION UNDER SELLER HUB/ENDED LISTINGS NOT WORKING

I have tried to pull many known sold items using the search by title option under the seller hub/ended listings/all statuses and everything says zero results....I depend on this function as I sell for others and search by the initials of their name in order to figure out what I owe them and print a copy of the sale....This area has been acting weird for a couple of weeks....I found that if I hit the search button a second time I would get the desired results....Now I don't get the results no matter how many times I try....HELP!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: SEARCH OPTION UNDER SELLER HUB/ENDED LISTINGS NOT WORKING

@abclovell wrote:

I have tried to pull many known sold items using the search by title option under the seller hub/ended listings/all statuses and everything says zero results....

I depend on this function as I sell for others and search by the initials of their name in order to figure out what I owe them and print a copy of the sale

Glancing over your listings, I assume the initials are "lot vs" and "lot cl" notations?

Are you including the word lot with your search or just searching for initials vs? It might make a difference.

You can download a transaction report from the payments tab in seller hub. With some basic Excel knowledge you can filter the file and create tabs for each client that shows each sale, fee, etc.

If you utilize the "Custom SKU" field on the listing and put the client's initials there, that column is included on the transactions report and would make it even easier - although it's not necessary to accomplish the task.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

HI-Yes, I too have this problem for my selling account with ebay.ca- though I am based in Canada I do sell worldwide. The search results only show up about half the time. I have to keep redoing it until eventually my items show up. I often get zero results if I try to find my listings of calendars for example in unsold items. Frequently I get told I have no unsold items at all when in fact I have over a thousand. It is not consistent or reliable at all. It is frustrating and it makes it hard to look back to see how similar items were listed in the past.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@tuckhouse2021 wrote:

It is frustrating and it makes it hard to look back to see how similar items were listed in the past.  

I get the frustration @tuckhouse2021. If the reason you use the feature is to see how similar items used to be listed, there are 2 other options I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Look through your completed items here and use the search box at the top of the page to narrow down the results.
2. Create templates and use them when you have similar items to list.

Hopefully that can help until issues with the ended listing page in seller hub are resolved.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hi devon@ebay - so far I'm seeing 4 sellers report this problem. Can you see if there's a tech ticket open on this? Here's another thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/The-search-option-under-unsold-and-not-relisted-is-not-working...

@sextons-sweet-deals @steve_stuff 

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yes that would work but yesterday I wanted to move all my unsold calendars into my store. The only way I know how to do that is to find them in the unsold listings and then choose the sell as a fixed price option. Is there another way to put items into the store?. I can't seem to list things as anything other than auctions and when the auction ends I can move them via this route into the store. I can't put them directly into the store as I don't have that option when I make the initial listing. Is that the way it is supposed to work?

That is also why it is important to me that the search works correctly.

Templates don't really work that well for me as there are too many variables in each listing but I do have some. All my items are old antique collectibles and no two are the same-condition, size, year date, number, subject, category, publishing data, place of manufacture etc. are unique to each item.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Since couple of Days same Problem i Always list of sold Items in my Ended Listings Cant Search for anything ZERO Results , i still have the Items so last 200 i can use but No Search here  very annoying

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@tuckhouse2021 wrote:

I can't seem to list things as anything other than auctions and when the auction ends I can move them via this route into the store. I can't put them directly into the store as I don't have that option when I make the initial listing. Is that the way it is supposed to work?

No, that's not how it's supposed to work @tuckhouse2021. You should be able to list as fixed price from the get-go. When you open the listing form go down to pricing and on the right click edit all options as shown below. A pop-up will appear and if you scroll down the pop-up you'll see the ability to use a fixed price format.

autorelist-1.png

If you run into any other troubles with the new listing form you can start a post on the selling board asking how to find the setting you're looking for, or you can use the search box on this forum to see if others recently asked the same question. Sort the search results by date for the most recent postings.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I've had the exact same issues as you stated.

I ended up going in the Orders section for what I need. You can search using various options (buyer username, buyer name, item title, etc.).

I hope that helps!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thanks I will try it today and see if I can add to the store that way. I still really need the search to work accurately and hope it gets fixed soon as I use that feature often. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I reported the issue to CS with screenshots and they said there's an open ticket on this to which they added my account. Tomorrow Devon will probably be able to help with the ticket # which will help anybody else get added to the open ticket more quickly.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hi devon@ebay - so far I'm seeing 4 sellers report this problem. Can you see if there's a tech ticket open on this? Here's another thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/The-search-option-under-unsold-and-not-relisted-is-not-working...

@sextons-sweet-deals @steve_stuff 

Hey @wastingtime101! I was able to take a look at the sitewide tickets that were open this week and it looks like this issue that is being described is a known issue. If any seller is running into this they can reach out to customer support here and let them know you are running into ALERT14239. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply