cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM Uses Ebay Platform Loop Hole

I was scammed by a seller. Paypal somehow lost my transaction ID. and the seller sent "a package" actually a piece of cardboard, so he could obtain a valid tracking number. He shared the same tracking number to all of his buyers who bought items from him that month. Once the so called package reached the USA it became un-trackable via USPS. So the eBay platform checks the USPS delivery status as in route because the tracking # will not update "ever" because the so called package was already delivered to one of the other buyers and USPS doesn't track this type of tracking number after it enters the country. In other words tracking stops when the so called package enters the USA and is not tracked to the delivery address. You ask OK so? I'm still protected. Yes I am through eBay money back guarantee. The problem is I've waited two months and still have not been able to get a refund. Not only that, I can't file a refund until 1 day after the delivery date, then the refund request will take 3 more days, then once that clears three to seven more days before the refund posts to the bank. Nice guarantee. Guaranteed to take for ever to get your money back even though eBay knows the Seller has scammed 40 freaking people they will not give me a refund!!!! And yes I've already been to PayPal for the four-hund-reth time. Its like all of the eBay support is reading a script and just learned English. Pathetic!!!!!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: SCAM Uses Ebay Platform Loop Hole

You might mention this on the Wed Weekly chat. Just copy and paste what you have here to a chat reply.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@eprom101 wrote:

Not only that, I can't file a refund until 1 day after the delivery date

Right. That's how it works for everybody. What was the latest estimated delivery date when you bought it?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Really? Do you work for eBay? You sound just like their phone support. The answer to your question is in the pictures I provided....

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@eprom101 wrote:

Really? Do you work for eBay? You sound just like their phone support. The answer to your question is in the pictures I provided....

Then you'll have to wait, just like everyone else. You don't get to jump the deadline.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I totally agree with you about the reading a script and just learning english.  I had an issue last night and the response was rattled off in a deep foreign accent and I did not understand a word he said.  I just gave up.  Thanks for your help Ebay.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

That's not how it should work. I'm the customer. I'm buying the product. I'm paying the shipping. I also had confidence that eBay has taken care of thier customers but the only thing they have done is automate the platform to eliminate human employment and increase profit which in turn destroys good support and service. So I should have to be frustrated and scammed because of corporation greed.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

eBay outsources people from the Philippines. I reported a US seller peddling  EXPIRED OTC Medications and they didn't think it was a problem.

As a nurse, IT's A BIG PROBLEM!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

"the only thing they have done is automate the platform to eliminate human employment and increase profit"

It may seem this way to you, but much of what eBay does is driven by privacy and legal issues.Some rules are difficult to put in place, as either the seller or the buyer would have legal standing.

They also must be careful not to do tasks that can be interpreted in court as being more than a venue or marketplace. From what little I know of this, it is a tight rope to walk. That is why they have lawyers.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

That is business. When I buy a product from Walmart dot com and want a refund I don't have two wait two months to get my money back.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

If you use a credit card to buy, you can just tell your credit card company you didn't get it and they will refund immediately. Done this several times with scam sellers. Don't bother going through ebay or PayPal, just go direct to your credit card co.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

That's the most understandalbe solution I've heard so far. Thanks.

So..... is eBay money back guarantee actually worth it? In my opinion no. If I have to go to my bank then what is it worth? I can buy directly, bypass eBay and go to my bank if I have a problem. EBay policies have gone down hill for the buyer and the seller. It didn't used to be this way. I've been buying and selling on eBay for over 15 years. Its been a shame ever since they put PayPal in control of customer service. I'll just start using Amazon or Wish instead of eBay. Too many scammers on ebay. 3 to 4 out of 10 purchases have problems or the seller lies. Anyway...thanks everyone for your comments. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply