cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCAPTCHA Login Firefox C'Mon~

Firefox ESR 60.9.0esr, Debian Buster, Linux 4.19.0-6-amd64

Some coder as of yesterday thought he would implement the ReCAPTCHA from Google to verify I'm not a Bot on login and log-out.

The horrible culprit is privacy.resistFingerprinting setting @ Yes.

I can only imagine the amount of traffic that has been pushed away.

Good idea to contact Google and ask how much has the increase been and the success rate of the puzzles..

Probably best for your minions to look over there code and change this back.

It will impact everything. I'm concerned over the level of knowledge the programmers have if they believe a horrible time wasting catchpa will solve any issues they are having.

Attention: @community_team  tyler@ebay

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: ReCAPTCHA Login Firefox C'Mon~

Same issue here with Firefox 70.0.  I am not a robot shows up every single time I try to log in. Often multiple times before it finally accepts that I am really not a robot.  Can't keep doing this even though I have used Firefox exclusively for as long as I can remember.  technical at ebay simply said to download Google Chrome browser.  That's their brilliant solution????  It's definitely a browser glitch since I updated to 70.0 because all other browsers work.  It's just that Firefox worked perfectly for me on ebay.

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

Hiya!

any updated on this mess please? I use Firefox and am pestered with this all the time..

Message 17 of 43
latest reply

I'm on  a Mac with Yosemite and I made the mistake of updating to Firefox 70 a couple weeks ago and I instantly had the stupid recaptcha issue when logging into my ebay page. I had to do the captcha puzzle piece thing twice every time before it would let me in. So I drug out my old laptop with firefox 57 on it and copied the firefox app and put it on my current laptop and used it to log in to ebay and it worked perfectly. THEN about 4 days ago the captcha thing came back and it now is screwing up firefox 57, and I have the double puzzle captcha log in every time again. So after being an ebay member for about 15 years they have decided I am not who I say I am? Do they not have software to realize my computer address has not changed and I am not some jerk in a public space on a generic wi-fi trying to hack into my account? Its more likely that ebay is not who they say they are and are now using our accounts to mine information from and sell it to others?

Message 18 of 43
latest reply

I now get challenged on logout as seen in the images below.

Probably should remove my IP from your firewall script OK

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

I got the same problem when I log in, but in my circumstance it also happens in the account section. If I click on edit in that section, it gives me the puzzle and then it goes in circles (puzzle, log in info, puzzle, etc.).

Ebay rep said it that they are aware of the bug and are looking into the matter. They will hopefully have it fixed in 24 to 48 hours or more. Other people have been calling in and complaining about the same issue. They are currently taking note of all the people that have been affected with this bug. It's happened in other eBay locations too.

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

Thank you for your update. Very much appreciated.

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

Great, don't even get that far.  It refuses to work in Seamonkey.  Do you need Canvas enabled?  Do you need blah blah blah more insecure features enabled?  Because all JS is allowed and the thing is still not even trying to display the stupid recaptcha images.

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

@htrfyrt2009 

I just installed the stock SeaMonkey 2.49.5 version for Win 10 and was able to sign in to eBay after going through a couple of puzzle slider verifications. After explicitly signing out (another slider) subsequent sign-in verification required one puzzle slider and one or two obfuscated number code entries, but ultimately did succeed.

If you are unable to see the puzzle image, can you see three buttons on the puzzle popup? These should allow you to close, reload or try an audio alternative that may work better for you.

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

The puzzle recaptcha started up again today. And just like last time, I can't access the account section (It continuously asks for my user / pass).

Contacted eBay and their response was that it's now their new security verification. As for me not being able to access the account section, their tech team will look in the matter. The rep also said that eBay strongly advises people to use Google Chrome over other browsers.

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

It probably needs some undisclosed setting that's on your machine.  Like I said, canvas is being abused so hard now, and is probably used just to display the SCARYWORD thing.

"Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page."  On my recent-OS machine, running Chrome, with no blocking.  Yay!

"The rep also said that eBay strongly advises people to use Google Chrome over other browsers."  This is straight up evil.  LOL, it really is the IE6 of 2019.

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

I have a Solution.

I have been dealing with this on Firefox for months on end. I would not have to try and ''verify'' myself (ridiculous) once when going to eBay, then again at the login screen. I figured out a Temporary workaround until I could look into this further because I could not even see the Captchas.  Firefox has included ''Browser Fingerprinting Protection'' that does not even really work. On top of that they have also ''disallowed'' Java Plugins, this is why some people can't even see the Puzzle. I'll offer my Solution to that as well - but to STOP this madness Step 1: Type about:config into the address bar, press ''accept the risk to continue" (it's normal people go in all the time to alter settings. I also reccomend you Bookmark this page BTW in case you ever for some reason chose to switch the following option back. Step 2: Type privacy.resistFingerprinting into the search bar in about:config (not the address bar). Step 3: Put the mouse over privacy.resistFingerprinting it should be in BOLD, and set to ''true'', double tap it to set it to false.  Done.  RESTART THE BROWSER and that's it.   

Note.

You may have to ''Clear Cookies / Browsing History'' for you to Login normally.   As of Firefox 72.0 this is Tested and working. 

Be careful of too many ad blockers, cookie deleters etc.  If you have them disable them on eBay if necessary, but you should not have too. I thought those Firefox addons were the problem, it's not it's Firefox.

As far as not seeing Captchas goes - if you don't want to try the ''about:config" fix - which is a complete fix.

Do this for a partial fix. When a Puzzle comes up for you to Solve... in order for you to ''verify'' yourself, hit the Icon that next to the lock in the address bar that looks like a Puzzle/Lego piece.  A dialog box surfaces from that area - allow HTML.5 (please remember decision) or not accept. 

The problem is although if you refresh your Browser tab on the Verify page and see the Puzzle to solve - that even if you tick the remember this option it will not remember this and always ask. And more notably so if you clean / clear your Browsing History regularly.

Shame on Firefox for fake protecting anyone at all, and eBay which is the only site ou t of 1,000's of websites this even ever happens on.   

Good luck.

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

I stated this in the first post but thanks for clearly explaining to others what they can do for now to disable it. {Type privacy.resistFingerprinting into the search bar in about:config (not the address bar). Step 3: Put the mouse over privacy.resistFingerprinting it should be in BOLD, and set to ''true'', double tap it to set it to false}

Do not use a VPN.

Use https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll to login.

I read that when you get flagged by the reCatchpa that your IP gets added to a master list somewhere through the sites API.

I was also having issues with PayPal and also YouTube. by getting the challenges.

I asked in one thread for the IT to remove my IP from eBay and they must of as that helped.

I also went to Googles report a code problem and incorrectly created a bug but they removed my IP from the API and now not to many challenges. Couple at PayPal as I use 2FA and had to login and out for several reasons.

I fully agree the challenges are extremely problematic. I was using a new profile in Firefox months ago that was untouched and still had the issues. Not subscribed to the thread. Just contact @Tyler as he would love to help.

Message 27 of 43
latest reply

I should not have replied. I just got the challenge again when trying to login.

It seems as if I need my IP removed from your list again.

It had been over a month or so with sort of smooth sailing.

That or they have some questionable employees messing with members.

Dunno.n eBay employees you win. Sad

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

Yes, I thought this issue was resolved too, though I've only experienced it while trying to access eBay on my phone. The endless ReCAPTCHA  verification loop is back tonight, so had to go to my desktop to log in with Google Chrome. Haven't had the problem in quite a while, so it was an unpleasant surprise to see the glitch is back. 

Message 29 of 43
latest reply

So after many months this is still unresolved. Thanks Ebay!

Message 30 of 43
latest reply