cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-filling out all the Item Specifics AGAIN?

Ebay, ebay, ebay.....

I cannot even keep count of how many times I have filled out the EXACT information I have done over and over again in the clothing category. This has to be the 5th or 6th time I have done so.

When I list an item, I fill out everything. Even down to the Character (Seriously? Why is this even needed?) which usually is a N/A that I have to add, because really, why is that needed with selling a polo shirt?! It isn't.

Why does my listings have to be updated again and again?

Why do my already filled out specifics get deleted?

Why, why, why?

Other sellers, tell me I am not the only one this has happened to and why in pratel does ebay keep messing with this?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Re-filling out all the Item Specifics AGAIN?

You're not the only one.  It's happened to many clothing and shoe sellers over the last few days.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Similar in the trading cards category.  Suddenly 48 listings popped up with needed specifics and when you follow ebay's prompts to submit them, it says the updates aren't compatible with the category.  But I'm following your recommendations...Hopefully it's an early glitch as they roll out the new specifics requirements. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It’s as if our time is not valuable or something. I think the change the categories around and that will delete all your specific info out. I’m so upset. Like everyone else stuff is packed away so you have to go dig around for it. And those item details are insane. Literally asking the same questions over and over it seems. I know you know that too. I just wanted to cry. 😭

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I am mostly a cd seller.  When I list an item in the TITLE I put the artist, title, year of manufacture, and the word cd.  Now with the changes, I have to go into item specifics and check a box for cd and WRITE in AGAIN in separate boxes, the TITLE, ARTIST and Year it was made!!!  And now when I LIST a new item.  I have to write all of that stuff twice (in the title and again in the item specifics).  WHY EBAY, WHY???????

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

All the “collectibles “ categories have this issue too.

Sure is getting harder and harder to list stuff. 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

In the action figure category under item specifics it has graded but has no option to select “no” or “not graded” so I cannot fully update each listing. I don’t complain about the fee increases because it’s the cost of doing business with them but with this situation I’m beyond frustrated and angry. This update was just plain sloppy on eBay’s part. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, I'm having issues as well. I'm having to add specifics onto my LP, DVD, and CD categories for over 1300 items. I have to add CD in the format, which it is already under Music>CD category and the album name, which is also included in the title. This is a serious time sink when I could be listing new items for sale. Plus, my sales have slowed since the change. Disappointed. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi tankedupthreads,

Thank you for sharing details of the challenges you are facing with revising items. We apologize for the disruption experienced. With regards to required item specifics: If you have already provided the information, eBay will either copy it across to the newly named item specific (if applicable) or you will find you are not blocked from relisting. The warnings/guidance to fill required aspects should have gone away as the system caught up, assuming you have provided a value before.

On recommended item specifics, like "Character": you don't have to provide any information at all. These recommended item specifics frequently have high Search occurrence from buyers and are there to help you sell your item(s). I hope this helps to resolve your concern.

arthur_classification_1-1621636096304.png

Thanks again for sharing this valuable feedback and for choosing eBay! 

Kind regards,
Arthur

Message 9 of 9
latest reply