cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS is no longer available!!!

54 REPLIES 54

Re: RSS is no longer available!!!

Please reinstate rss, saved searches are wasting my time.

I stopped buying on ebay now rss feeds are no longer available. I can't understand why you would make it more difficult for your customers to find what they want on your site and spend money.

Message 16 of 55
latest reply

Me too, I had 50+ searches to find the odd item that may come up very rarely, now I miss out and so does the seller! I too do not have time to manually check the saved search emails, they are just far too basic!

Message 17 of 55
latest reply

This is so disappointing. I have 100+ searches using RSS and it has worked beautifully for me for years. RSS drives me to purchase on eBay, since I can quickly see what is new each day. Searching the site has become more and more gross throughout the years (top 100 is default, browsing categories often doesn't work for me, etc.), so driving customers back to the site needs major UI upgrades is a hard fail. 

To be solutions focused, give the people what they want: An RSS-like experience on eBay itself. Improve the saved searches page and introduce more dynamic features to allow users to customize preferences. I believe eBay could  vastly improve on the RSS experience and make an awesome page that brings all saved searches to the user in a customizable manner.

If they don't find some equivalent, I know I'm definitely not going to be buying as much - not because I don't want to, but because the things i'm looking for aren't as easily put before my eyes....C'mon eBay. Take advantage of my whims. 

Message 18 of 55
latest reply

I was using RSS to feed eBay search results into a web app. So if a user was looking at x item in the app, it would show them the first 5 eBay auctions related to that item.

What can I use to replace that functionality?

Message 19 of 55
latest reply

Brian, as you can see from all other replies in this thread, RSS was important for a variety of individual regular buyers on eBay - maybe it's just a small portion of overall userbase but it doesn't end there. I have a website that is getting thousands of hits every month and was using RSS to display numerous feeds to my visitors and driving traffic worth thousands and thousands of dollars to eBay (based on my EPN statistics). And this is just me as a single person/business. If there are thousands of other people using RSS to display eBay products on their websites in a similar way, you are now talking about millions of dollars that could have been spent on eBay. Not supporting RSS might then be justified only if its maintenance costs you more than what you are losing by discouraging all these buyers to visit your platform. Guess we will see in the next quarterly review. Kind regards, Robert

Message 20 of 55
latest reply

I had 50+ searches to find the odd item that may come up very rarely, now I miss out and so does the seller!

For very rare items, you may want to look into some third party services to perform automated searches and notify you by email or text only if there are results matching your criteria.

Google automated searches eBay for some possible options. These services typically provide additional flexibility compared to eBay's current saved searches.

I set up several searches for rare items years ago and still receive an occasional email message when there is a hit.

Message 21 of 55
latest reply

Fine i have zero problems not using eBay if eBay has no desire to listen to its users. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Message 22 of 55
latest reply

It does work, now without RSS all you have to do is manually scroll through the "51,000+ results for tablet".

Message 23 of 55
latest reply

Hi guys & gals,

I hope eBay reconsiders and gives us back the RSS feature - we really need it !

In the meantime, i've been working on a Windows program here to try and replace the missing functionality.

It was just going to be for personal use, but it's doing a fairly nice job now & does not rely on RSS so I thought if any of the following 12 awesome people (see below) who have contributed to this thread so far would like to be a beta tester, send me a message !

@tihomak tihomak
@pnicz45 pnicz45
@jacobert jacobert
@olnavi olnavi
@stevangelion stevangelion
@fubarbazquux fubarbazquux
@nngys9anbnyv nngys9anbnyv
@bricks_by_brinks bricks_by_brinks
@mediasave mediasave
@miss_upsetter miss_upsetter
littlerubberguys
flawless-transactions

Cheers, Simon

Message 24 of 55
latest reply

Thanks very much for stepping up, Simon! I just sent you a private message.

Message 25 of 55
latest reply

Hi Simon, I'm not one of the 12, but if you need a tester I'm happy to help.  I've been using RSS feeds to scour eBay.  The positive side to all of this is I have my idle time spent doing other things (or on other shopping apps), and in the last few weeks, have spend the money elsewhere that I normally would have on eBay - on things I didn't need or "didn't know I needed" (as I tell myself).

Great job ebay.  

Message 26 of 55
latest reply

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your invite. I have myself tried to whip something up, initially locally for myself, but I thought it would be useful for all rss-users that shop on ebay. So I set up a website where you can create rss-feeds:

https://rssbay.net

Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions or improvements.

Message 27 of 55
latest reply

Hi Brian,

I've got almost a thousand eBay RSS feeds that I use for buying. As of a few weeks ago they're all unreachable and I can't buy anything. What do you suggest for being able to use eBay again? Is there maybe a place I can upload an OPML of my feeds and generate Saved Searches from them?

Regards,

Peer

Message 28 of 55
latest reply

Loss of RSS basically killed the Twitter account that I was using to promote my newly listed items (for free no less). Huge thumbs down. 

Message 29 of 55
latest reply

what a terrible decision. Ebay is going down the drain

Message 30 of 55
latest reply