cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile picture is missing from listings

My profile picture is missing from my listings and has the message "Add an image to your seller profile

Buyers are more likely to trust sellers that have a photo or logo profile image."

However, when I go to Edit Profile (the link provided), my profile picture is clearly still there. I have not removed anything or made changes - this started happening today (2/22/2024)
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Profile picture is missing from listings

Same here.  I have just a light bulb and the message on all of my active listings.  Clicked on "Edit profile" and it takes me to my store which already has the photos.  Does anyone have instructions on how to proceed to have a photo in this area?  If not, I guess I will leave the light bulb on!

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Try forcing a browser refresh.

CTRL+R, or CTRL+SHIFT+R

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Clicked on "Edit profile" and it takes me to my store which already has the photos. Does anyone have instructions on how to proceed to have a photo in this area?

There is an extra step for store subscribers since eBay changed the profile page format.

See the explanation here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Can-t-change-profile-picture/m-p/33275905...

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for your quick reply.  I tried this and also restarting my desktop computer and still a no go. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for your quick reply.  I tried this and I did get to change the small circle profile from the black and white head shot to a new logo.  I still don't have any photo in the shaded area in my listings where the small light bulb is. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It is happening to us too.
Just another eBay glitch.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Same here. I edit, re-add photo. Save, and ebay gotta ebay....

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

To: @noesatticonline @7catsprinting @top-down-fever 

1. What browser are you using?

2. Can you post a screenshot of the problem?

I am seeing both profile image and store logo for every poster on this discussion with the exception of @blue_basket_lady who is missing a profile image and can add one following the instructions posted above by @eburtonlab .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

topdownfever_0-1709166486651.png

I use Firefox.  This is what I see on all of my listings right above the price.  I am thinking this area should be filled in with a photo?  Maybe I'm wrong.  The rectangular space it in a top notch selling area of the listing. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

This is what we see on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.
Across multiple accounts.
It is a new eBay issue.

We do not need to troubleshoot it.
eBay does.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I just did an experiment where I signed out of my seller account and went onto ebay to shop as a buyer.  I clicked on a few of my listings and the shaded area right above the price was not there.  So buyers are not seeing what a seller is seeing when we are signed in to our own accounts.  I am not worrying about this anymore and some day soon it will probably disappear into the black hole.  Thanks to all who responded. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

FYI @top-down-fever , this is what I am seeing:

top-down-fever-activelisting.png

Posting that so you know not every buyer is having problems seeing your seller info. Hopefully the issue is not widespread.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@top-down-fever 

I started seeing the same thing this afternoon on my listings when signed in (1st screenshot). If I use incognito, the display is as it should be (2nd screenshot). My guess is eBay is doing more testing with the view item page design and we are seeing an unintended consequence...just a guess and I am not going to be concerned about it at this point either.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 200214.pngScreenshot 2024-02-28 200923.png

Message 14 of 14
latest reply