cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pardon Our Interruption - The New Ebay Experience

In the middle of bidding on 30+ auctions, while adding bids to get sign-out because the ebay bot thinks i am a bot and i lost several auctions.

Thank you ebay for another brilliant idea, knock your power buyers out in the middle of auctions!!

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 20-15-08 Pardon Our Interruption.png

Yes i am a power user moving with super-human speed and bots run after me...

No hope...

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Sorry to hear you were unable to place your bids.

If you encounter this again, some things to try here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/We-think-you-are-a-BOT/m-p/33951183#M1158...

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

eburtonlab 

Thank you for your reply.

It's ebay's bot issue and not a firefox or cache or whatever issue.

That's how it goes, to bid on many auctions that are ending at in a very short time frame you need to open many pages and that will alarm the bot.

Until ebay brings it's mind back together i will shop elsewhere.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

It's ebay's bot issue and not a firefox or cache or whatever issue.

Some users experiencing the same thing indicate that switching to a different browser or using a private or incognito browser window can get past this issue in some cases, assuming you are not blocking JavaScript or using Ghostery or other similar add-ons.

If the problem is a bad link causing a redirection loop, using a different link can avoid the error.

I often open many eBay pages at the same time -- thirty or forty searches at a time in some cases -- and I am not running into that issue, so the problem is not simply having too many eBay pages open in different browser tabs. It is likely due to a combination of factors, which means that if you can alter that combination, you may not run into the problem at all.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

eburtonlab 

Thank you again for your reply.

We all know that ebay is not friendly to firefox. That's one factor.

At the same time without any changes or upgrades be done from my part at my firefox or my Javascript, my laptop etc, that means ebay has change something again and they broke something again,

making their website unfriendly once again.

Sadly, the so called Magical Innovations ebay is testing day after day they broke this website beyond repair.

And when i am buying something, i don't want a bot to get in my way.

If they can't fix their glitches, that's fine with me, there other places i can shop in peace.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Happened to me yesterday morning with Microsoft Edge.

I was not bidding at the time. I was just trying to sign into this account. 

Also, could not sign it at my "not presently selling anything", selling account.

No problem with sign in at my active selling account.

Persisted for a few minutes, then went away.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

You are most welcome.

We all know that ebay is not friendly to firefox. That's one factor.

I use Firefox primarily. From time to time I experience a minor issue, and then I try another browser to see if that allows me to get past the problem. It often does. For others using different browsers, I often suggest the same thing both as a diagnostic tool or as a workaround. Using another browser can often be very beneficial.

There have been cases where Firefox users had problems and switched to Chrome to use a feature, while Chrome users experienced the exact same problem and switched to Firefox to use the same feature successfully. In that case the problem was not with either browser, but with the browser history -- specifically a conflict between the user's recent history and eBay's current site.

At the same time without any changes or upgrades be done from my part at my firefox or my Javascript, my laptop etc, that means ebay has change something again and they broke something again, making their website unfriendly once again.

Just because you did not make any explicit changes does not mean that nothing changed. Firefox makes frequent automatic updates, some of which may affect your browser settings. Operating systems may have frequent updates; not all of them require a reboot, so they may go unnoticed at the time. Browser add-ons may undergo updates in the background. Ad blocker rules can undergo many updates on a minute by minute basis at various points. Each user's browser has unique history, cache and cookies. Problems with any of those things can cause issues to one degree or another.

If you have not updated your browser in a while, or checked to see if there are updates pending, it is worth doing from time to time. Sometimes a pending update can be suspended, preventing further updates, leading to unstable browser behavior.

You can check to see if your browser is up to date here:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

eBay may very well have changed something that lead to you having a problem, but there are a host of other things outside of eBay's direct control that may affect the issue as well, and you have control over some of those things.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

eburtonlab 

Thank you again for your reply.

My english are not ideal to explain in every detail, but i will try.

My firefox is healthy and upgraded to 116, also my settings don't allow firefox to add / change anything without my permission.

My Ad blocker is excluding ebay and also my settings don't allow changes without my permission.

My cookies, history and cache are deleted every 24 hours.

My laptop is healthy.

Let me mention some of the last 3 months ebay issues i have faced.

1. Sign in issue. Ebay was unable to send me the text code to log in, no issue from my phone and i test it with my phone company at their offices.

Ebay tech team couldn't figure out the problem for more than two weeks and they didn't allow me to log in by email, while i was having pending to ship 50 orders, causing me a lot of damage at my store.  Until now they have no idea what was the issue and they didn't help to solve it. I solved it by changing phone number.

2. The bulk issue, some users mention it yesterday and today, i have that glitch last week.

I was lucky enough to find a CS agent on chat that was very helpful and open a ticket and the issue was solved after some days.

3. Search and ghosting issues. I lost counting of the times that is happened to my items and store.

4. Creating listing issues. The spinning to eternity issue with the photos (800x800 - 72 res.)

5. The today Parton our Interruption issue with the bot, while bidding on auctions.

6. The sign in after sign in issue.

I am using very heavy so many sites with high safety.

I am talking about banks and payment sites and auction sites.

Never have any sign in issues, or bot issues.

The only site that is loaded with issues is, who else... ebay.

That says a lot about where the problem is located.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Exactly the same thing happening for me in UK.

I'm NOT  a power user -I wish!!

Java is NOT disabled.

No 3rd party installations in place, works fine one minute, then locks me out the next so clearly an ebay issues.

Using Chrome, as always have done, never any problems before, but in the last 4 or 5 days regularly get this message even when just trying to log into my account to view items, so can't be to do with selling etc.

Clearing cache from browser history etc is enough to access ebay again, but of course throws all my others passwords for other accounts out the window, so means I have to log back into EVERYTHING just because the ebay Bot is not working correctly.

Sort it out ebay, not good enough.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Clearing cache from browser history etc is enough to access ebay again, but of course throws all my others passwords for other accounts out the window, so means I have to log back into EVERYTHING just because the ebay Bot is not working correctly.

Try erasing just your eBay cookie manually rather than deleting all cookies and you will not be signed out of any site except eBay.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I solved it quickly: before entering my password, below it says "do you have problems entering ebay?", there click and change your password either by e-mail or mobile and that's it!, regards!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I don't have Firefox installed but experience the same log in error with Google Chrome.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Cleared eBay cookies and was able to login. But eBay "Pardon Our Interruption" just two days later. Had to clear eBay cookies every couple of days?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

eburton lab has provided excellent advice and hopefully that will help a lot of people get past this until it's resolved.

Anybody experiencing this issue should contact CS and ask for their account to be added to the open site-wide tech ticket Alert 14917

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

The more people reporting, the quicker the issue will be prioritized on eBay's fix list.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Hurry up eBay! This is P0 bug...

Message 15 of 16
latest reply