cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pardon Our Interruption... As you were browsing eBay, something about your browser made us think yo

I'm not the first to report this. This has been going on for well over a week. When will this be fixed?

Pardon Our Interruption...

As you were browsing eBay, something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:

• You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
  • You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser.
  • A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript, is preventing JavaScript from running.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Pardon Our Interruption... As you were browsing eBay, something about your browser made us think yo

I'm getting this too and having searched the community forum it seems to have been a reoccurring issue for many years.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Try another browser or a private or incognito browser window.

If the error occurs when using a specific link, try using a different link to achieve the same results, as a link that leads to a redirection loop can trigger the "bot" message.

More suggestions and discussion about this issue can be found in this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/We-think-you-are-a-BOT/m-p/33951183#M1158...

There was a similar issue a couple of years ago, most likely caused by a change by eBay or the third party service that provides bot-detection and security, but since then there has not been a widespread issue until very recently.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've been having this happen constantly, I've even reported it and support had no idea. The only thing that works is clearing all of my cookies/cache but then after a week or so the problem comes back.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply