cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over the top security issues . .

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but it seems some new security protocol has been added to the sign in. For some reason, I'm now constantly having to add my laptop as a trusted device , then verify it with my cell phone before I can sign in.  This wasn't the case this time last week , but it is seriously annoying. I'm working between my house laptop (which is a newer pc) and shop desktop PC and I don't always have my cell phone on me. Even after labeling it as a trusted device in my eBay profile, the prompt for the phone verification continues and I get this stupid email saying I've signed in with a new device.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Over the top security issues . .

I think the "Trusted device" setting is only necessary for multi-user account access, unless I am thinking of some other feature.

I only have to go through verification after erasing my browser cookies, changing my IP-address, using a brand new browser, or signing in to an unfamiliar eBay site such as ebay.fr instead of ebay.com.

Using a VPN or hotspot, or using certain kinds of privacy software can change your IP-address, which would cause you to go through verification again the next time you signed in.

If your browser is set to erase cookies when you close it, or if you are using a cleaner program to periodically erase your cookies, then the next time you sign in you will have to go through verification again.

There may be other things that can cause additional verification, such as if your account has sign ins from far off locations that might cause eBay to use heightened security features.

A corrupt or blocked browser cookie can also cause issues; it might be worth manually erasing just your eBay cookies once to see if that makes any difference.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply