cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On purchases page (for buyers) notes are not saved if you add them too soon

On the purchaser's page that shows all the items you have purchased, you have the option on each item to add a note to yourself about the purchase. We use this to add purchase order numbers so we know how to route the item when it arrives to us. If you add the note right after purchase (while the item still shows "processing") the note will be lost once "processing" goes away.  If you add the note after "processing" goes away (1 or more minutes after the purchase) it seems to keep the note.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: On purchases page (for buyers) notes are not saved if you add them too soon

This  is happening  again  for me even if  the order is  a  few days  or weeks old.  Problem seriously needs Ebay's attention.  The  Order History section worked much better  before. I guess  this  time I  will have  to  call eBay. I use  the Notes field a lot for non-US  purchases to  add  the final  converted  cost,  so  that  I  don't have to  click on the Order History or maintain  a separate paper or computer log. I select ADD a note, type  in  text, select SAVE. And this is  for  orders that are recent ,  not too old and not too new. I  hope  eBay can read this and  respond.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This happens all the time to me and it's really annoying. I add a reference number & item condition details which is then used on the sale of same item as cross reference for profit/loss, delivery etc. Sometimes it seems to save the note after a close/open of eBay tab or a close/restart of laptop but never consistently. It is real pain which eBay should sort out but as usual when changes they make to the system are not up to scratch you usually just have to live with them ... SOB.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Still only saves when it feels like it but eBay would rather bring out software changes nobody wants rather than correcting things that don't work properly. JUST SAYING !!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It seems that if you REFRESH the page the notes will then save.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply