cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Messages For You

I received a message from a seller that the item had shipped and I should get it in two days. Problem was, I did not bid on the item (I had inquired a few days back about the items specifics, though). So I went to reply and let him know he had the wrong person. But when I clicked "send", the eBay Messaging Nazi said "No more messages for you. You have sent too many and now you must wait 24 hours to try again". Huh? I looked back and I'd sent 6 messages requesting more details from sellers on their items in the past 10 days...and 19 messages over the last 35 days.  That's more than normal but hey, I've been in a shopin'/buyin' mode recently for fishing gear and have made 6 purchses over this time...spending over $300. Also, several of these messages were to politely inform sellers of mistakes they'd made in their listing ("You've listed a fly rod but you photo shows a spinning rod"). So, I'm trying to be a good member of the community and keep buyers and sellers from having bad transactions. My point being, this seems petty and absurd for a company the size of eBay. I can see it with a two-bit competitor...but eBay? Does this shutting down of one's messaging capability  happen to others in the community? Is there a written policy somewhere?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: No More Messages For You

you have been marked as spam.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: No More Messages For You

There are several other people reporting issues with sending messages.  The details very but the overall theme is the same.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply