cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly Listed no longer sorting by date = useless

I maintain a daily search, refreshed thoughout the day, for Newly Listed items of a certain vintage manufacturer. Usually this is no big deal. But today I just noticed that the results I'm getting are no longer actually "Newly Listed." The 1st item was listed 3 weeks ago, the next one 2 weeks ago, the next a week back, the next today, then 4 days ago, etc. Not in any date order at all. I tried refreshing the search, restarting eBay -- no change. So a search for Newly Listed is at the moment completely useless. Is it me or are other people seeing this? If the latter, anybody found a fix? (Cuz I LONG ago learned not to expect any fixes from eBay.)

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Newly Listed no longer sorting by date = useless

Search is **bleep**, plain and simple.  I always have to change from best match to newest and its completely trashed.  And this so called best match; whats up with that, "WHO's BEST MATCH"?  I cant wait for all these people to get their pink slips.....Its always something with eBay cause you have people trying to justify their job by changing things and screwing the whole site up.  I am almost DONE!

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

I’m experiencing the same issue on iphone 15. Sorting does nothing except for maybe best match I believe but everything else stays the same. 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

It seems logging into a browser which has not previously been used will likely resolve this for an individual buyer.  However, I have to imagine sellers that rely on auction style listings are getting absolutely killed because of this.

I'm holding off on posting some listings because what's the point if users aren't likely to see newly listed items.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

I'm also on Chrome & have no ad blockers active, but the probelm persists across all of eBay's search filters. The same items come up, not sorted by date, not sorted by price -- no rhyme or reason.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

same problem, this is terrible

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Same issue. It's fine on Chrome, but broken on Firefox. Works when using a private browsing window. Completed listings are completely broken too. There's not a best match for those, so I'm not sure what it's defaulting to. Searching within one seller's listings also does produces the same results. Second issue with the search in the last week....

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Sorting the results by any value is totally broken. Lowest to highest is not working either.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

I replied earlier saying I had the same problem, but having read other replies, I tried the search on an incognito window and it worked fine. I'm running Windows 10 on an HP desktop and I was searching on Google Chrome which didn't work. Not sure what this means, but if it works on the incognito window that's fine. 

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Thanks, good to know, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "fine." The site should work w/o its users having to always scramble for workarounds to its constant parade of glitches. I concur w/the poster who said eBay tech folks seem to keep churning the system -- "improving the user experience," something it never actually does -- to show they actually did something so they can keep their jobs. Cuz lord knows you wouldn't wanna leave alone something that ain't broken when you can frack it up good.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Add me to the list of people. My search is COMPLETELY BROKEN. Using Firefox as I always do... can't sort anything. Super lame, eBay!!

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

like many others.  I find todays random garbage search useless.

The items I am looking for are rare and the buy it now offers often may not last more than a few hours. 

Sellers must be frantic.  If I can not see what listing are new or ending, I can not add them to my watchlist.   How can anyone bid or buy if they can not see the latest stuff.

I have seen this before, it sometimes takes a couple day for the fix.  

If I want cheap imported junk, I will use amazon.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

OK, as of 8:30pm Eastern, search is finally working again. Huzzah. Talk to you all at the next eBay kerflooey.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply