cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ebay Listing Tool Chooses Shipping For Me

I am a long time seller and I opened up a second account to list a more diverse array of items.  The new seller tool is primitive and a nightmare.  I am unable to choose my own shipping!

Ebay automatically defaults my listings to calculated and I am already losing customers asking why shipping is so expensive.  One of my listings is a 10 pound vintage tv remote control box.  Ebay made shipping $5!

Everything also defaults to Priority Mail.  They cannot seem to fix the glitch and promised to reimburse me for excess shipping fees I have to pay.  They are not covering any of my packing supplies, of course which would be part of my shipping fees.  I know I am losing people and they do not believe me when I promise to reimburse them for the excess fees.   Any advise?  What was wrong with the old listing tool which was so detailed?  No more options.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: New Ebay Listing Tool Chooses Shipping For Me

Are you opted in to Business Policies, which includes Shipping Policies presets?  If so, you may want to opt out and see if that corrects the problem.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hey @lb-squared. You should see an option towards the top right of the shipping section that says "see all options" - click on that and a pop-up will appear. You should be able to turn off eBay recommended pricing. If that doesn't resolve the problem then post a screenshot so we can see what you're seeing and help you figure it out.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

074D799E-5F06-4617-BB5B-392AD9B17A9C.jpeg

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I posted above. I do not have that option.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You must have opted in to using business policies without realizing it because your screenshot shows business policies and your listings are pre-filled with your 'default' policy @lb_squaredmorefinds.

Business policies help me keep my sanity. Manage and edit them (or disable them to go back to how you used to set up your listings) on this page. Once you set up your shipping policies and name them so you can easily identify them, you can go to your active listings and bulk edit to assign your new policies.

After the initial mess of policies that are created when you first sign up are no longer tied to active listings, you can delete them.

It takes a little time and work to set it up, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

This seems to be only in my electronic category. When I unclick apply the recommended shipping and fill out the weight (It won't allow I don't know the weight, etc) It loops me right back and reapplies the ebay recommended shipping.  Ebay said I am not the only one and they will reimburse me.  It's a pain for me and I don't want to list any more electronics.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Then go to the link included in my last post and hit the 'opt out' link on the top right.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Take my original suggestion and opt out of Business Policies.  This should fix things for you.  You can always add them later after you read how they work.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I have that on my main account.  There is no way to disable it on the new system, even ebay tried.  It defaults to recommended shipping.  They have no solution except to reimburse me.  It seems to be in only some categories, electronics is one of them.  I can list others and choose my shipping. Once it's chosen though, I cannot edit.  Trust me, I know how to navigate and was wondering if anyone on this board had a miracle solution.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

OMG, IT WORKED!!! I was finally able to opt out of business policies.

Thank you all.  EBay could not find the solution.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

So you went to the page I linked above:

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

And you looked for the opt out link on the top right:

bizpolicies.png

And it wasn't there? Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing on that page @lb-squared?

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

It's fixed!!! I wasn't able to turn off business policies before!!  Thank you!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply