cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW GLITCH: Verify Yourself at successful sign-in with a captcha puzzle

Just a note to implore those seeing a prompt after successfully signing in that asks you to complete a captcha puzzle for further verification, to please create or respond to discussions in the community so that the issue gets noticed.  This is a glitch that IT / TECH needs to look into.

All of a sudden after decades on the site, with no new changes on my end, I started seeing these prompts that say from time to time Ebay will ask you for further verification to make sure it's really you  (and not a bot, presumably) by sliding a puzzle piece over to the correct spot and then it will say Success and take you back to sign in again - people are getting stuck in loops that don't actually allow them to sign in - there is another post on this, among a growing list of posts, that I responded to where someone else gives some great tips / tricks to try to manage the situation, which is great, but I posit here, that while that is helpful in the immediate, the main point is this is a glitch with the Ebay system; you need me to verify once every year, every 6 months, fine, but every time I sign in - heck no, that's a glitch & IT / TECH needs to see it and address it, IT / TECH is probably one of the only parts of Ebay corp. that is up and running close to properly now; speaking of, this is no time for these games (puzzles) with phone support down - I was able to sign in on my phone & sent an email to Ebay Customer Service as they tell you to nowadays, and was promptly responded to with the seemingly wrong info of, "hate to hear you're having problems with your password", here's a link to re-set - exasperated, I did do this and it did relieve the issue for a week & half, but now it's back to the puzzle thing - this is no time for these shenanigans!  Please make your voice heard in the community, more and more people are having issues, this needs to be looked at by IT / TECH.

Best Wishes to all - hope everyone is safe / healthy!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: NEW GLITCH: Verify Yourself at successful sign-in with a captcha puzzle

It's been bad enough having to "verify" myself every time I try to access one of my accounts, but today it doesn't even work.  I get three puzzles and then a message it isn't working.  The only way I have been able to access my account is through my old computer that still uses Windows XP, on which  I have never had to Verify myself. 

By the way, both computers use Firefox as the browser so today's issue is NOT browser related. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: NEW GLITCH: Verify Yourself at successful sign-in with a captcha puzzle

@uncseniorsportsfan 

both computers use Firefox as the browser so today's issue is NOT browser related.

Unless both computers have the same version of Firefox with exactly the same settings and history, the problem could still be browser-related -- that would encompass problems with cookies, cache, history, settings, and add-ons or extensions.

A good way to determine whether a problem is browser-related is to actually try another browser. If the same problem occurs in multiple browsers that would indicate the problem is likely not browser-related unless the browsers have the same settings or a common add-on or extension. If trying another browser actually works, then the problem can be considered browser-related.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply