cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Collection

When I click to add to collection the system logs me out then "Sorry, there are system errors. Please try again."

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: My Collection

Anonymous
Not applicable

so glad i found this forum! a few days ago i could no longer use the Description box in my collections, AFTER adding an item to a collection.  when i add items to collections it still gives me the descrip box, but once added, when i open my collection i cannot SEE my description, nor edit it.  the only way to sort of see my description  is by clicking on the item, but it is hard to see and i still cannot edit.  i have tried using two different browsers on my hp laptop, has windows 10 on i blv, using chrome and explorer, and i tried on a desktop computer with chrome but same issue on ALL.  please advise on this issue too...... thanks!

Message 16 of 59
latest reply

that's what happens to me too. Firefox user here.
Message 17 of 59
latest reply

This same thing has been happening to me for over a year!! I have called numerous times and the people are untrained and ridiculous--for the most part. They are taught if a person complains about problem "A", then read this to them. If they complain about problem "B", then read this other piece to them. And they say over and over, "I am sorry you are having this problem" and then they blame me, my computer or my operating system. They also pass me to a minimum of 3 different people, none of which help. I totally agree with orignalmedicbob that it is useless to spend time searching if I can't get to my collections to work. And adding them to my cart is a non-starter. Adding each item takes way too long and at least 50% of the time--no even more of the time--it says it can't load the item. I get the message even when I am just trying to get to my cart of pay someone. NOTHING ever changes. I am shopping elsewhere. I don't bid on items, I don't look on Ebay unless I am desperate, and I am thinking of selling some things, but not on Ebay with all the mistakes they make and never fix. They told me to go to GoggleChrome. I have an Apple with Safari. I tried and there was no difference and I found out later that GoggleChrome doesn't work well with Apple so I switched back. They are so big, they don't seem to care when people bail. And they further thank us by cutting the Ebay bucks in half and discontinuing them in Canada. Who in the world is in charge?

Message 18 of 59
latest reply

This same thing has been happening to me for over a year!! I have called numerous times and the people are untrained and ridiculous--for the most part. They are taught if a person complains about problem "A", then read this to them. If they complain about problem "B", then read this other piece to them. And they say over and over, "I am sorry you are having this problem" and then they blame me, my computer or my operating system. They also pass me to a minimum of 3 different people, none of which help. I totally agree with orignalmedicbob that it is useless to spend time searching if I can't get to my collections to work. And adding them to my cart is a non-starter. Adding each item takes way too long and at least 50% of the time--no even more of the time--it says it can't load the item. I get the message even when I am just trying to get to my cart of pay someone. NOTHING ever changes. I am shopping elsewhere. I don't bid on items, I don't look on Ebay unless I am desperate, and I am thinking of selling some things, but not on Ebay with all the mistakes they make and never fix. They told me to go to GoggleChrome. I have an Apple with Safari. I tried and there was no difference and I found out later that GoggleChrome doesn't work well with Apple so I switched back. They are so big, they don't seem to care when people bail. And they further thank us by cutting the Ebay bucks in half and discontinuing them in Canada. Who in the world is in charge?

Message 19 of 59
latest reply

They said to come here and post. I posted a long reply and guess what? There were errors. Finally it said it was posted and when I clicked to be taken to my post, that didn't work. I can't find my post. Way to go Ebay. Demonstrating what I mess Ebay really is.
Message 20 of 59
latest reply

Same issue.

Mac OS 10.7

Safari 6.1.6

Chrome 49.0.2623.112

Message 21 of 59
latest reply

I am also having this problem, have been for a couple of weeks now very annoying.

Windows 10

Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Message 22 of 59
latest reply

SOLVED

Emptying caсhe in both browsers solved problem.

Message 23 of 59
latest reply

Mac OS X 10.10.5, Safari, both taken care of update-wise, as are Flash and Java.

It's been one and half weeks, I still can't add anything to collections, the same error persists... Can add to watch list but that is not an ideal replacement because it can't be sorted by categories and you run into the stupid 200 limit especially when you'd *actually* really need to just add an auction to a watch list, not a collection.

Message 24 of 59
latest reply

I didn't note any rudeness at all in any of the posts??? Frustration - yes, but not rudeness. But my career entailed having a thicker tougher easier-going skin than most.  I failed miserably as a snowflake.

What I did find "rude"...are updates and changes made that cause glitches, that the IT team does NOT properly troubleshoot before implementing! Then it takes great user efforts and pulling teeth to finally get the cogs turning to even TRY to fix the mess. Rude is also no IT person/Official Rep assigned to address these issues within the forum, after users have posted the problems. TALK/respond to people on a real level, not wih the canned pacifying general **bleep** read off a card or copied/pasted/posted to shut you up and make you feel warm and fuzzy validated...I detest and never can respect companies that do that, and would rather actually just be told, "sorry,but we aren't able to help/accommodate wih that at this time". 

It should NOT be OUR job, or our problem, to ferret out all these issues after the fact Of course I comprehend that glitches can happen due to many unique variables, but changes/updates/upgrades should be practically bulletproof exhaustively tested wihin a normal parameter of combined popular OS's, Browser and programs found on typical  setups of users,  before any changes in the system are actually implemented and goes "live"... and that obviously is NOT being done, or done well.  I have bare bones basic machines that encounter eBay site issues regularly, hint- it "ain't" the users equipment's fault!!! This type of thing has happened too many times for it to be an extenuating isolated oddball circumstance...the IT Dept. is simply poorly implemented regarding dealing with the many glitches regularly encountered by users, issues that do NOT regularly happen on other similar and even bigger sites.

Also people affected negatively, at least need to know they are not being ignored, and also that at least an attempt is being made to rectify these issues asap (but only if that is actually the truth, and not a smoke blowing pacifier). How dang hard would it be to do that??? Seriously???  At least then the issues have a better chance of being logged and (say a prayer here folks)...actually addressed in a timely manner! Set up a 24/7 LIVE tech support, easily accesed from a users My eBay page, that actually keeps users in the loop real-time!

Transparency benefits everyone, and acknowledgement and owning an issue buys cooperation/understanding/respect and improved harmony. 

Currently (actually for a while now, truthfully IMHO) it feels like a journey on the yellow brick road through the bad forest, to try and gain the attention of any eBay wizard, let alone the Great Wizard..."ain't happening, no way, no how "! Statistics gauge that for every 1 person that complains, there are at minimum 10 unheard from, experiencing the same complaint, and even rarer for that 1 user to take the initiative and time to even come to the community section , let alone post OR contact eBay at all about it! So issues are believably MUCH bigger than what you can directly read about for yourself here!

Personally, I am tired of eBay's Flying Monkeys in their programming, coding and site issues.  Or maybe a house needs to land on someone...OK...jk, not wishing ill on anyone.  Sigh, maybe there will be a great deal on monkey nets, i'll let you know if I find one stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Message 25 of 59
latest reply

I'm having the same issues as ssik1974. Using Fiefox, win 7.
Message 26 of 59
latest reply

Extremely helpful detailed post, thank you!
Message 27 of 59
latest reply

Super excellent post!
..."Transparency benefits everyone, and acknowledgement and owning an issue buys cooperation/understanding/respect and improved harmony."...
I couldn't agree more!
Message 28 of 59
latest reply

Update - for almost a week now I can happily state that I can once again access and add to My Collections on my Windows 8.1 machine (my other OS's may work also but I have not been using them right  now). Editing the notes in My Collections is still glitchy and problematic. The IOS app is still not fully functioning, as in no My Collections accessable what so ever... and also on the App, any notes I made for my watch list (on my Windows machine) are not able to be read or accessed/edited  within the IOS app, I would really like to see this become possible.

Wish I could state that I knew what caused the happy re-connection, but I have changed nothing on my end, and have done no more than the usual updates, cleaning out of caches, emptying trash, running weekly maintenance antimalware and virus automated schedules.....nothing changed on my end, but it started working and I am elated about that. So whatever universal force or being is responsible....Thank You!

Message 29 of 59
latest reply

So, just when I think it won't get worse as having to delete each item one by one and clicking "edit" each time to go back in when the page refreshes...NOW I can't even get the items to delete from my list when I click "Remove". The page does NOTHING. If I try and go back in later, I get the same result and the items I previously tried to remove are still there. I tried this on Chrome AND Internet Explorer. Both browsers gave the same results. Why do idiots keep "updating" the features that actually were working fine, so that they now have bugs galore in them. Ebay...LEAVE SH*T ALONE!!!! Fix the issue that are REALLY issues and keep you flying monkeys away from the parts that do NOT need fixing. You so-called "improvements", which we didn't ask for and were not notified of, are doing more harm than good!

Message 30 of 59
latest reply