cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing photos.

This has been going on for at least a week and is not resolved. I went through about 30 of my listings and 10 of them don't have photos. I have close to 600 listings to go through. Is this going to be fixed or not?

Here's what I know.

1. Thumbnail shows up in search listings.

2. No photos in the listing at all.

3. The place where the photos are supposed to be says: "The seller has not uploaded any pictures."

4. If you revise your item, then only the primary photo comes back and the other photos are lost.

5. Ebay has not addressed this matter on their status board as a problem.

6. So far, I haven't seen a time line of when or even IF it will be fixed.

7. Ebay knows: When I called eBay, they said they added me in as one of the people affected.

8. There are no work arounds unless you are okay with having just your 1 primary photo.

9. It seems that it won't continue to happen, BUT listings already affected are not able to be fixed.

10. No compensation from eBay for the many hours it will be to retake photos and search listings.

Give us something here eBay! This is a disaster for many of your Sellers. We need some compensation. A month with no fees, or a free month for our store fees..... Something. And change that wording: "The seller has not uploaded any pictures." It should say, eBay is having technical difficulties. Your current phrase makes us look bad. We lose customers because of that. It's not our fault this happened and eBay should take the blame for this, not us.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Missing photos.

You tell it, kustomz! I'm with ya.

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

probably around the 1st of july 4 listings had fotos removed which I tried to sort out with ebay but it amounted to nothing and I ended up adding new fotos myself as the items were easy to identify

went through both accounts on sat 13th and found no problems on one but there were 45 affected listings on the other so I contacted ebay by email (see emails) and just got messed around and false promises and lies , they retrieved some pics and sent them to me but that was no use cos I dunno which item numbers they were for

gave up with email and foned direct on Saturday and was told they would look into it and fone me straight back , that never happened

so foned again on Sunday and spoke to Kevin who gave me an ebay ref no. 1-167734666077 to use in any future correspondence and was told it had been put to the IT department , he foned me later that day and said that the issue would be resolved within 2-6 hours and all pics would be added to the correct listings

on Monday the issue still had not been fixed and no contact from ebay either so I foned in yet again and spoke to someone else whos system crashed and she couldn’t access the ref no. and also Kevin was off that day so she said she would leave a note on kevins desk and he would fone me first thing Tuesday morning

that fone call never came so I foned in yet again and spoke to another woman I think was called linda whos system also crashed so she got in touch with Kevin who I was assured is going to fone me back today before 5.30 and I was also advised it had been passed to the supervisers too

yet again the call was never returned and the listings are still unchanged

Wednesday 18th foned again , couldn’t get through so requested a callback within 5 and 7 minutes , still no callback after 30 minutes so foned in again and waited on hold for half an hour before the call was answered by shane who

Basically did the same as linda by trying to reach out to shane and get him to fone me with an update , and again I was promised this would be resolved..

Thursday and still no fone call so I called again and spoke to simon who again tried reaching out to shane but I insisted on speaking to someone in a higher authourity so he reached out to Kevin (again)  in trust and safety dept. and was promised that Kevin would fone me

As yet (fri 20th july) there has been no fone call , only an email to say all the listings have been removed and another email saying they attempted to call but the number was wrong which is also false , more and more hassle every single day , anyway I  Foned again

And was told that all the listings will be re-instated with all the original fotos within 24 hours…

Sat 21st , no surprise that not a single one of the listings has been relisted and no contact from ebay , so I foned in again and spoke lisa to and she said there were 2 guys in the listing department dealing with it and they tried to relist them but it didn’t work so they are still currently working on it , after my call I got an email saying the listings had been restored , they had not been re-listed , they have just been put into my ended listings section on my account and if I try to relist them the fotos are still missing…

sat 21st , got a fone call saying that was it...there was nothing they can do , you have to sort them yourself , i asked about compensation and was flatly refused , i have just spent 3 full days morning and night re-listing all the items , the problem is trying to identify the item as most of the items i sell are very similar....i am absolutely disgusted with the way i have been treated..nothing but lies , false promises and contempt...

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

I agree,  Feebay  should compensate all affected sellers. This is going to take a lot of time and effort for us affected sellers to correct. It's like they want their stock to go down, like they are holding a short position or something!

Message 33 of 45
latest reply

I was just able to narrow down my listings which were affected. It was over the course of 2 days from what I can figure.  A total of 529 listings lost their photos.  I honestly don't know if it is worth it to pull them all off, find all of the items, retake pictures for 529 items, and then wrap and pack them all away again.  This is literally months worth of work and Ebay thinks that a few days of Free listings will solve the problem??? Really!! I'm ready to walk away from my store which I've had for 18 years.  

Message 34 of 45
latest reply

I just spoke w Ebay tech Marcston Lee who told me there was no report offered for listings that are missing photos with now only one photo .. 

He did offer me a way to find which listings only have one photo .. this may help you at least know where to find the list of One Photo Listings to repair. 

Go to:  Account Settings - then left side - Go to. Activity Box and pull down screen to Sell ... look in center of page and it will have info on listings that need photos .. in my case it was 232 listings .. 

I told Marcston that I thought it was great that he could help me but that Ebay needs to do more than offer 200 free insertion fees (=$20) that are to be used between 7/24-7/28!  This is not an acceptable outcome for all the work , missing sales and lost revenue we are or will experience.  I hope this helps someone else. 

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

What disgusts me most is eBay failure to address the missing pictures. If I go over 3% late shipments, it's my fault. If they screw up, no mention. Absolutely disgusted.

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

i just removed 42 listings with missing photos, the only one left on each was the gallery image. this is heading into christmas when i should be adding items not removing them. i usually use 8-12 photos per listing. i have item specifics missing from numerous listings as well. i'm not sure what causes this but it definitly affects my sales. i was hoping to photograph items today to list this week but instead i'm spending that time re-re-tooling my site, de-bugging it as you will, again, it's kind of on-going.

i check my listings when they expire every 30 days, that's how i catch these things, otherwise i wouldn't know and i'm sure there are a lot mor on my site with similiar problems. that's why i can't list anymore, i can't get ahead of the bug curve as well as the constant changes that probably cause these issues to begin with. that you for the post, i concur, similiar.

Message 37 of 45
latest reply

TOTALLY DISGUSTED! Been a seller for over 15 years. Lost 1000's of photos involving almost 500 items! I cannot retake all the pictures. I have specialty items that took much research and then cleaning and taking many pictures to choose the best ones for the listings. The hours it would take would equal months of work to replace those photos. The funny thing is that there are several photos that still show up when you open the listing on some of them - yet, they can't get them to show up in the gallery. It don't have time for this....and it's cost me ALOT of money! Looking for ideas to recoup, and also find another avenue for selling. After 15 years......I'm done. Ebay has not appreciated their sellers like they should anyway. 

Message 38 of 45
latest reply

same for me , potential buyers asking for my photos as they are missing?  I have a basic store, ebay owes me MONEY for this, it would take  hundreds of hours to replace those photos! 

Message 39 of 45
latest reply

I reported this Serious eBay problem and CS guy said he never heard of it? What? I told him its all over the internet and on eBay community?  I only find out, when a buyer gives me a a request for more photos? OMG, I pay for a basic store and this has been going for for many months? eBay owes us affected big money! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152224174267?ul_noapp=true

Message 40 of 45
latest reply

Has this happened recent?what percentage were affected?were they certain dates last year was like 3 days leaving only gallery photo?(i know it can't be the one from last year at this exact time right?)

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

Nonsense from eBay this affects 30 day listings which don’t auto relist 

when you ‘sell similar’ some images are missing which means you have to check every item 😤😤😤

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

This happened in June 2018. There was one day where all listings that were added or renewed on that day lost all photos except the gallery photo. In July 2018 Ebay gave affected sellers 200 additional free listings (amounting to about $20), but you had to activate the offer and use it by July 28th, 2018. If you missed that window, you were out of luck.  In my case it affected about 10 to 15 percent of my listings. It was a pain, but not as bad as having all my listings affected!

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

@knickknacksrus wrote:

... In July 2018 Ebay gave affected sellers 200 additional free listings (amounting to about $20), but you had to activate the offer and use it by July 28th, 2018. If you missed that window, you were out of luck. ...

What a big help! I have to invest 0.5 hour per each listings. Multiply by 100 listings. 50 HOURS OF WORK!!! Who will pay for this?!??

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/technicalissues-db.

Thanks.

Message 45 of 45
latest reply