cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of editing own listing

Hi there, I have a rather odd problem which has been frustrating me for the past week. I am completely locked out of editing the variations on one of my listings.

Some background: I have built my store over the last 5 years almost exclusively around "Variant Listings". I sell Hotwheels cars, and have a fleet of 40 or so variant listings where the user can select from up to 250 different types of Hotwheels per listing from a dropdown box:

listing.png

The problem: One of my variant listings has grown so large, that it refuses to load. By my estimates, there are over 300 variations in the listing, each with 3 photos minimum. So we are talking over 1000 photos in one listing.

As a result, when attempting to load the variations for the listing, it just sits there loading for hours. I have tried all browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) on several different PCs. Just sits there at the following screen:

loading.png

Any suggestions on how to salvage this listing? At the moment I am completely locked out of making any changes to the variants at all. eBay customer support was of no use either.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Locked out of editing own listing

@acsellerators 

Probably not what you want to hear, but do you have many zero qty variations in that listing? Perhaps go to the 'pencil edit' on the Seller hub (click # of variations" under the listing title) and delete the ones that are OOS and you're not likely to get again?

That may reduce the number the system has to try to load when you go to edit?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It's not possible to delete variations through the hub - you can only edit quantity, price or custom SKU fields. To delete OOS variations, you have to go in through the full listing edit mode @toomuchstuffagain35.

This could be your problem @acsellerators:

"By my estimates, there are over 300 variations in the listing"

Variation listings cap out at a max of 250. If you somehow exceeded the system limits that would cause problems. If you're within the 250 limit then my first suggestion is to try a different browser and see if it gets you around the page load issue. If you're able to get in, then delete a huge chunk of your OOS variations.

Sorry, re-reading I see you've already tried different browsers. I'd reach out to CS on social media and ask if they could help you delete OOS variations - give them a list of specific variations. eBay for business on facebook or askebay on twitter.

They might not be able to make that kind of change to a seller's listing and instead tell you to end and start over, but it's at least worth asking to see what they say.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The only other thing I can think to try before contacting CS is to do a hard refresh of the page to see if that forces a load.

Ctrl + F5 on a PC

Cmd + Shift + R on Mac

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Update: The listing automatically relisted at the end of the month, and miraculously I was able to finally enter it after the relist. Guess this just reset the listing somehow.

If anyone's reading this please take note: Do not under any circumstances make the number of variations over 250! If you do, you run the risk of the listing software being unable to handle the number of variations and being locked out of your own listing. Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply