cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings Locked From Editing - Feedback Removal

This "feature" is causing me problems with many listings. The subject is a newly listed item, no offers in either direction. I'm unable to edit the listing. This has been happening, repeatedly, for some time now. 

I need to edit the title of the listing. It's locked. 

eBay is falling apart..... or, is it being deconstructed? 

Item # I'm referring to is 196321153511

On another side note - I had a customer purchase an item from me and she received exactly what she ordered. However, the pants were too long for her. She contacted me with a hostile message, accusing me of having not measured this garment. I explained the measurements are in the photos. She contacted me again, accusing me of having not measured the garment and that it's 2" longer than it should be. I explained there are no standards in clothing and that there are literally photographs in the listing of me measuring the garment. 

She left a negative feedback as a result and eBay is refusing to remove it, though it clearly violates the feedback policy of eBay which states that the feedback will be removed if it's buyer error. I explained this to numerous reps at eBay and you guys are refusing to remove it. 

Let's break this down - how does this person's feedback help a future buyer or the seller(me)? The buyer ordered a pair of pants of a specific length which is stated in the listing and photographed. The buyer receives exactly what she ordered. That sounds like a successful transaction to me. Sounds like the seller did their job, right? No, not according to eBay. What I was supposed to do was exercise telepathy and determine how long the legs of the buyer were so that I can determine whether or not the pants are too long for the buyer. That's absurd. 

For all customers who have a brain and order clothes off the internet - they understand the internet doesn't have dressing rooms. Therefor, they know their measurements and compare their measurements to the measurement of the garment before purchase to determine fit. I love these customers. These are good customers and I am a good seller, as I provide measurements. Now, when these good customers who have a brain come to my store, they will be greeted with a blemish in the feedback record because a bad customer, who is clearly in the wrong, refused to take responsibility for her mistake, sowing doubt or apprehension into the good buyer. 

I can't tell whether or not eBay is intentionally destroying the site or if they're just suddenly, completely incompetent. I'd like to believe the latter, but I lean towards the former. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Listings Locked From Editing - Feedback Removal

That item sold today.

Did you try to edit it before or after it sold?

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply