cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels are printing symbols and won't let me add tracking numbers

Starting on 8-17-23 - Labels are printing symbols and won't let me add tracking numbers. fedex was completely illegible. The tracking numbers uploaded to ebay, but were for the unusable labels. We created new shipping labels on our own Fedex account and shipped the items. When I tried (repeatedly) to update the tracking on the sales record, it just kept reverting to the unusable labels generated by ebay.

Today, 8-21, my USPS labels are printing the label part, but the receipt part shows as this:

cstpos_0-1692629258561.png

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cstpos wrote:

We created new shipping labels on our own Fedex account and shipped the items. When I tried (repeatedly) to update the tracking on the sales record, it just kept reverting to the unusable labels generated by ebay.

You can't remove tracking numbers from orders when the labels were generated through eBay, but you can add additional tracking numbers. If you're trying to overwrite what's there it won't work. Instead use the option to add additional tracking on that batch of orders @cstpos .

@cstpos wrote:

Today, 8-21, my USPS labels are printing the label part, but the receipt part shows as this:

Do you still need help? Looks like you deleted the image you uploaded.

First thing you should check is how you're opening those labels. Make sure your browser is set to open PDF files with Acrobat instead of the browser's built-in reader. Using the browser's built-in reader can lead to a lot of issues, including the ones you're describing.

Do you have the same problem if you download the labels, open with Acrobat and print from there?

Adding @rfmtm in case they have additional printing advice.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@cstpos wrote:

We created new shipping labels on our own Fedex account and shipped the items. When I tried (repeatedly) to update the tracking on the sales record, it just kept reverting to the unusable labels generated by ebay.

You can't remove tracking numbers from orders when the labels were generated through eBay, but you can add additional tracking numbers. If you're trying to overwrite what's there it won't work. Instead use the option to add additional tracking on that batch of orders @cstpos .

@cstpos wrote:

Do you still need help? Looks like you deleted the image you uploaded.

First thing you should check is how you're opening those labels. Make sure your browser is set to open PDF files with Acrobat instead of the browser's built-in reader. Using the browser's built-in reader can lead to a lot of issues, including the ones you're describing.

Do you have the same problem if you download the labels, open with Acrobat and print from there?

Adding @rfmtm in case they have additional printing advice.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

What OS, browser, and printer model are you using?

Is your browser set to open PDF files with Adobe as wastingtime101 suggested?

Does the label preview look correct?

A screen shot of the preview and what prints would help narrow down the problem.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@wastingtime101 @rfmtm I did try to add the numbers to the existing ones and when I would click Continue, got the OOps message. So then I tried removing the old and adding the active, and got the same results. I was able to print USPS labels. The label part was ok, but the receipt part was all symbols.

I just tried again and this is what comes up in the browser:

cstpos_0-1692732989119.png

Yay!!! I tried opening in Acrobat and it looks fine. Thanks for your help. What a pain it's been. Do you know if there's a way for me to have labels open automatically in Acrobat? They always used to, but not anymore.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@wastingtime101 @rfmtm All good. I figured it out. We have 3 other people with admin privileges and they regularly change other people's settings. They haven't messed with mine in quite a while. Thanks again for the fix!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply