cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been having two issues....All my Global Shipping has defaulted to flat or calculated and....

I received one of their nasty letters saying cease and desist putting personal info in this ad.(which I am not)...then when I go to the page it's suppose to show me the ad, it says "O".

Anyone know what's going on that these errors are happening?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I have been having two issues....All my Global Shipping has defaulted to flat or calculated and.

Use this active content scanner to scan your listings. You have quite a few that need the target command fixed in links.

Some of your listings also contain an external e-mail link which will need to be removed. One example: item 363701531177

That same listing contains a broken store link.

You have some clean up to do - I'd set a number of listings to go through each day, starting with your oldest listings.

To help with your shipping issue we'll need more details.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: I have been having two issues....All my Global Shipping has defaulted to flat or calculated and.

@wastingtime101  has done some good sleuthing.

@iowafiveanddime 

Your most serious problem is the email at the bottom of 152 listings.

I would recommend that you use eBay's bulk find/replace tool.

Go to your list of Active items in Seller Hub. Click the box to select all items on the page. If you can select all 849 items, you might try that, although, in the past, some sellers had issues with selecting more than 200 at a time (the maximum that can be shown on a single page).

Then select the option on your Active list to bulk edit all items or just the selected 200 items.

When the bulk edit screen appears, select the entire list, click "Edit Fields" above the list, and checkmark the "Item Description" option.

Continue through the selections to bulk edit all descriptions.

EMAIL LINKS

In the "find" box, type or paste this line and repair the full email address that I am not allowed to fully display here (the text must exactly match what is in your description code) :

href="http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/plxxxson@wixxxxue.net"

Leave the "replace with" box empty.

That should gut the link but leave the message intact.

Save, save, save until you get back to your Active Items.

STORE LINKS

After the emails have been repaired, start over again with the link to your store.

Enter this line into the "find" box:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=10769130&ssPageName=L2

Enter this in the "replace" box:

https://www.ebay.com/str/iowafiveanddime

That should repair the link and it will remain clickable.

LINK TARGETS

The bad targets found by the scanner are not so critical, but you can fix them the same way.

Find:

<a 

Replace with:

<a target="_blank" 

There is a necessary space after both of those phrases when fixing the target.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you, I will go through and see if I can fix them.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Well, I'm nothing if not dumb.  1st I tried the suggestion shipscript offered on just 25 items, I followed everything step for step (and thank you for all that hard work) but they did not change, or is there a time element after you do it?

Then I used the active content scanner that wastingtime 101 suggested, and they all show up, but I did not see a way to revise them all at once.

None of these bothered as the links are all broken now as far as going anywhere, that email does not work.

I appreciate what you both have offered, and will keep trying to figure it out.  Thank you! Pam

Message 5 of 5
latest reply