Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide bought items

How do I hide purchased items?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: How to hide bought items

Only you can see the item descriptions on your feedback page. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There should be an option to place them in the "Archives" section from a pulldown menu. I can't remember how exactly or where exactly that options is though. But, there is an option to move these items into an "Archived" section. Thanks.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@jaxsonpatrick2017-8

From PC or mobile classic site  

go to purchase history 

from there you can move to right of item & use drop down 

IMG_2028.PNG

Click hide order 

then if you want to see them under purchase history you can click on the hidden circle

IMG_2027.PNG

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Hi THATSALLFOLKS!

That's odd.  When checking Feedback of Sellers I am able to review items bought and what prices were paid for them during the last 6 months by simply clinking the link to "View Item."  As recently as a few moments ago, prices paid &  items bought were still able to be viewed by the public by clicking the "View Item" link-just below each Feedback left.  The prices continue to appear for the duration of the Feedback it seems to appear. Although the eBay trading names are not listed it is easy enough to figure out.

I also find laying it all out there on a Feedback page for anyone to see can be problematic for Buyers.

To some there is still a  stigma to receiving even the nicest gift if bought on eBay. Sadly, this is true and to some as poorly received as regifting their own gift back to them.

A privacy breach relative to this, is that other eBayers & random people can use the View Item link on the Feedback page to obtain  too much info on what a buyer typically spends and what their typical cut-offs are for bids of certain, simular items are by reviewing purchases of another bidder via reading feedback for items from in the same categories or that their competing bidder left.

For some time, and for those very reasons I did not want to leave feedback but thought there had been a change to keep it private. Now, it seems eBay has again changed the feedback page's functions.  

Another test? Good Grief.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@sweetwaterfarms wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

[...]

For some time, and for those very reasons I did not want to leave feedback but thought there had been a change to keep it private. Now, it seems eBay has again changed the feedback page's functions.  

@thatsallfolks: incorrect. As noted by sweetwaterfarms, and as you can find out yourself by viewing someone's feedback, you can see the bought or sold items up to 6 months.... unless, the auction was a private auction (which can only be set by the seller).

@sweetwaterfarms: As far as I know, the 'view item' link, the price, etc has always been visible up to 6 months for non-private auctions. eBay hasn't changed anything in regards to that for as long as I know (since 2000 at least).

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@kurtrobaer wrote:

@sweetwaterfarms wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

[...]

@thatsallfolks: incorrect. As noted by sweetwaterfarms, and as you can find out yourself by viewing someone's feedback, you can see the bought or sold items up to 6 months.... unless, the auction was a private auction (which can only be set by the seller).

@sweetwaterfarms: As far as I know, the 'view item' link, the price, etc has always been visible up to 6 months for non-private auctions. eBay hasn't changed anything in regards to that for as long as I know (since 2000 at least).

@kurtrobaer

@sweetwaterfarms

We can see your sold items. Only you can see what you've bought. Look at any other buyer's feedback page for proof. The OP specifically asked how to hide BOUGHT items.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ah, yes, I stand corrected.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Ah, yes, I stand corrected.

(although not hard sometimes to link two and two together using the feedback score and the characters in the partial name.... but that has always been te case)

Message 9 of 9
latest reply