cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced autopay for bidding items caused duplicate shipping cost

Forced autopay feature seems to be rolled out on my account. This caused all bidding items, which are usually combined for reduced shipping cost, to have separate shipping costs. Seller cannot figure out how much to refund. Buyers may sometimes forget how much they paid for shipping, because the winning items now never appear in their shopping cart.

This is a mess. I think it will be class action lawsuit at some point in the future.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

As a seller I have zero issue figuring out how much to refund for shipping costs.

As a buyer IF you are bidding on more than 1 auction with the same seller, you could contact the seller and ask if they will remove the autopay for auctions and ask if they will combine shipping if you win more than 1 auction.

No class action lawsuit will be filed anytime... 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As a seller I always know how much to refund a buyer and how to do it. I never knew a buyer not ask for a refund on combined International shipping from me.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes; everything that goes 'wrong' for a buyer/seller is grounds for a Class Action Lawsuit (not). 

People just need to know how the system works:

Sellers can 'opt out' of those 'required' payments by unchecking the box in their preferences- which has been added and check-marked at the behest of Millions of sellers that don't get paid and have to wait 5 days before they can 'relist' and 'start over' again. 

So, your seller has that 'checked' and therefore 'combining' cannot be done.

Also- Buyers can just 'pay' as shown and then the Seller can also EASILY see what that buyer paid for shipping vs. what the seller paid for the shipping and 'refund' the difference. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Combined international shipping may no longer be possible.

Scenario:

bidding item A (due on 8/1), bidding item B (due on 8/8)

buyer wins item A, and due to auto-payment rule, seller must ship the item on 8/7, before B is due.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Scenario:

bidding item A (due on 8/1), bidding item B (due on 8/8)

buyer wins item A, and due to auto-payment rule, seller must ship the item on 8/7, before B is due.

A seller concerned about that potential scenario can change the Buyer Requirements to disable auto payment right now and avoid that situation later.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have talked to many Pakistani, Indian sellers and they seem not aware of this; nor are they willing to do this for hundreds of bidding items in process. I am not even sure if this feature is rolled out in all locations.

There has been multiple occasions where auto-paid items went undetected by buyer and by seller. For every single $1 bidding item, a $10 shipping fee is automatically paid. For now, we just took most of my transactions offline.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply