cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback won't update after leaving feedback

seller hub shows awaiting feedback, I have left positive feedback. After it has been left, eBay does not update and still shows it hasn't been left yet. I have gone back to leave feedback again. eBay say's feedback has been left but it still shows up as awaiting feedback. 

Also overview in seller hub has not updated in 3 days almost like it is frozen. I have logged out and back in refreshed pages cleared cache and tried on mobile app with same results 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Feedback won't update after leaving feedback

I am seeing the same here with feedback that I posted for some sellers. In My eBay purchase history the icon does not update and it appears I still need to leave feedback. When I try to it says I already have. Upon checking the seller's feedback page it is indeed true that my feedback for them did post. Still the status icons are not updating and eBay needs to correct this issue.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I have the same issue! I am leaving feedback, it shows up on buyer's page but still shows as "awaiting feedback" in my overview. Hopefully ebay will fix the bug soon

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I have been having the same issue. It has been over a week for me. The feedback page is not updating. I try to click on leave feedback, but it says that I have already left feedback. I did check the buyers' page and feedback is there. But it is hard to keep track of which items I need to leave feedback for.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Same issue here. Started around April 13. 

Just curious, does anyone from eBay monitor this board or respond to these issues? (First time posting here).

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Just curious, does anyone from eBay monitor this board or respond to these issues?

This board is primarily a user forum for pointing out ongoing problems, asking and answering questions, and for sharing tips, tricks, workarounds and best practices among other users.

You can identify folks that work for eBay because they have "eBay" in their usernames, but they rarely respond here except when specifically called upon to make an announcement or to point out a policy issue.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the reply @eburtonlab . It would sure be nice to get some idea that eBay is aware of the problem and is working to resolve it. Do you have any idea how we could do that?

An interesting thing I found: if I archive the order, then the feedback icon (pencil thing) shows that I have left feedback for the item. If I then un-archive the order, the icon goes back to showing that I have not left feedback and the item goes back in the orders awaiting feedback page. Very frustrating for those of us who use that page to track items still in delivery status. (I leave feedback when items are delivered).

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

It would sure be nice to get some idea that eBay is aware of the problem and is working to resolve it. Do you have any idea how we could do that?

I think the issue began late last week or so -- at least that is when I noticed posts about it.

You should be able to contact eBay customer service through the Help & Contact page to see if a ticket has been opened for the issue, or to open one yourself if you cannot add your name to an existing ticket.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

SAME!  So many posts about this issue...I started one myself a few weeks ago.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Having exact same issue. Must be an ebay software problem. Feedback has worked correctly for many many years and now does not.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I have had this issue for over 45 days.  Been calling ebay practically daily repeating myself over and over.  I have about 15 service request numbers that mean nothing.  I have to repeat the problem to every rep I speak with.  The only good thing is knowing that others have this issue. All ebay tells me is to clear my history, cache, browser, try another browser, log out, reboot.  They act as if I am new to a computer.  I have been on ebay 18 years never encountered issues taking this long to fix.  I find it RUDE on their part.  I have sent screen shots and called continuously and no one has helped.  It is not a good thing to daily see that I need to leave 61 feedbacks for people I already left FB for.  I know the feedbacks are showing up on the buyers end but they do not register on my end.  I wonder if it is the other way around that the buyer is leaving it for me but it doesn't register on my end.   Too tired to even check.   These screenshots are what my page looks like every day.   When I click on leave feedback, it says I already left fb.  Really, can't ebay fix the computer glitch.  This is not some small company we are talking about.  It so so frustrating that sellers can not contact Technical Support.  I find that crazy.   I also find that they don't even have a help issue for GLITCHES so whenever I wan't to call I have to click on some random category.   SHAME ON EBAY.

See Screenshots:

notice the icon pencil / star is not filled in.notice the icon pencil / star is not filled in.more about 61 items are without the icon filled inmore about 61 items are without the icon filled inshameshamethis is what happens when I try to leave FB for someone I left it for alreadythis is what happens when I try to leave FB for someone I left it for already

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

They  haven't done a thing for me in over 45 days.

I even received a message that someone was going to call me.

YA THINK?  They even said they will call me in an email.  No one Called me.

See screenshot of email and of my home page where the icons are not being filled in and registering causing ebay to constantly remind me of the fb's I need to leave. 

email said they would call me - I am still waiting!!!email said they would call me - I am still waiting!!!FB pencil/star icon not filling inFB pencil/star icon not filling inFB pencil/star icon not filling inFB pencil/star icon not filling inall the notes I leave so that I don't repeat trying to leave FBall the notes I leave so that I don't repeat trying to leave FBthis is what happens when I click on LEAVE FB.. a window pops upthis is what happens when I click on LEAVE FB.. a window pops up

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Very interesting.  You are right.  That's messed up.

I can't believe with their tech department they can't figure out the issue and send an email so that we know they are working on it.  Calling is a waste of time.  I have called daily and no one has any clue that I called the day before and the day before that.,,, etc. 

Crazy

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

only been going on with me for over 50 days now.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Update: Recent feed back I have left is now showing the correct icon status while older feedback that did not have the correct icon status is still that way. Some progress but not completely fixed.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply