cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback count not updating.

Got two positive feedbacks and my count did not go up.  This was a new customer and they added two positive feedbacks.  I know it will only count as one, which I think has always been totally wrong.  If you get two positive feedbacks it should count as two. 

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They show up in your summary (1 month, 6 month, etc.) and in the explanation of how eBay calculated your feedback % (10 positives, 0 negatives). Maybe your score hasn't updated yet, or maybe you're mistaken about what your score was before you received them.

The counting method is done so a scammer can't have someone buy a bunch of cheap items to quickly inflate their score. It used to be that you could only get 1 point per buyer no matter how long it was between purchases.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Also note that if a buyer purchases on Monday and purchases again on Sunday and leaves feedback, it will all still only count as 1 (purchases in a 7 day period)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@shellhut, you got two positives from the same buyer yesterday, 4/12/2021, and before that, your previous feedback was received 4/5/2021.

From a cached page dated 2 days after that, 4/7/2021, you had a feedback rating of 2005. Now, with the feedback from another buyer yesterday, you're at 2006. It's being counted as it should be.

4/7/2021:

image.png

Today, 4/13/2021:

image.png

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Nope,  I watch these numbers like a hawk.  Day before Yesterday I had 2006 from one feedback left on 4/5/21.  Yesterday I had two more.  It should have increased by one to 2007.

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 5 of 5
latest reply