cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluded countries not working properly

We have quite a large blocked list for countries we do not ship to. We have set these settings in Site Preferences in My eBay and on the SixBit tool mark; use settings in My eBay. Sixbit checked our settings and all is correct. The bug is on eBay's side.

We have tried several times over the last few months to re-confirm the Site Preferences on Excluded countries, but still we see listings that for example do not block Romania. (nice customers buit a horrible postal system). 

CS says we should bulk change per 500 listings (over 4000 listings), but we still see the issue.

How to alert eBay the Site Settings do write over all my listings but keep some untouched?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The largest store on watch movement parts, crowns, straps, bands and much, much more!
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

The listings I checked.........show Romania excluded on both the list and the dropdown........  can you give a link to one that includes Romania?

image.png

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273264186546?ViewItem=&item=273264186546

This is one for example. They are hard to find; I see it when some-one from for example Romania buys something. I've tried to check through eBay on how I can identify these listings that do not catch the Excluded countries settings correctly, but I only see them when a sale comes in.

The largest store on watch movement parts, crowns, straps, bands and much, much more!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

lol, not awake yet.............

here's the list that do ship to Romania: and they do have different shipping exclusions........  I set my shipping to Romania....and it showed me the ones that would ship there.........

https://www.ebay.com/sch/vacheron_nl/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

image.png

Have you tried just editing one ON ebay (as opposed to  6 Bit) and see what happens?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes, when I open the excluded locations I see a list that mot matches the settings that I've put in in Site Preferences. And the last time I've updated that list I've marked the thing to also change current running listings. 

The problem is not caused by SixBit but somewhere in eBay. I've thought at first it was Variation listings only, but it's also single items or other store items. You would think it's old listings, but even a new listing in May 2019 gave this issue.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@vacheron_nl, it appears that less than 200 of your items still allow shipping to Romania.

I changed my shipping location to Romania, and then viewed your listings and found 610 results in 145 listings that were still visible. They appear to have a different exclusion list.

You can identify the listings by repeating what I did: view your listings like a buyer ( you might want to log out, and/or use a different eBay account) and change the shipping location to Romania. Then refresh the listings, and you should see just the listings that can be shipped to Romania, so you can fix them manually.

image.png

image.png

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Have to leave in a couple of minutes.......but off the top of my head, not knowing much about 6 bit.......I would guess you have a template that is using the old list that includes Romania......  As you say, they were listed at different times.....  If you can correct one listing ON ebay.......and then let 6 bit synchronize (whatever it does) to see if that "takes" or if changes it back on ebay that might show that it is a 6 Bi t problem........  i.e. that 6 bit overrides Ebay

I just don't think it's an Ebay problem because then all should show Romania.  I still need more coffee......so all this is a grain of salt......... 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

See below; this morning I updated one of my settings from 4.79 (1 us $ for each additional) to 4.89 and 1.20 for each additional, the text in green is still showing 1 us $?

Countries exclusions.png

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@vacheron_nl 

On ebay there are two ways to set additional shipping charges.......the $1 at the top is handled thru preferences or thru your business policies........  at one time, we assigned listings to "categories"........Category A would add a specified amount, if more than one item was bought from that category. Frankly, I thought those choices were gotten rid of.....that those kinds of discounts were now given thru sales Manager .

The charge of $1.20 is the additional charge for an additional item from the SAME listing...... 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Good morning all, 

first; yesterday I had a remote session with SixBit and the issue has been identified; it's an eBay bug. 

In SixBit you can use the perferences Excluded countries in My eBay, set the preferences in SixBit or choose none. 

So, yesterday, while checking the HTML at the same time, a listing was revised setting the preferences to none and then back to eBay's preferences. Then the listing on eBay picked up the settings I have set on eBay. We also saw this error again: When checking the override box it runs into an error when we try.

Even when we see the green letters Settings saved at some time later in reality it does nothing; the listings still show open to Romanian buyers.

We have decided to start using SixBit settings and now only 5 listings are open to Romania. But that should not be neccecacy..

Message 10 of 10
latest reply