cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay shipping calculator GROSSLY OVER CHARGING UPS shipping rates & ebay is clueless!!!

Ebay has a known issue with the UPS shipping calculator for the last 2 weeks since the rate changes have gone up where it is constantly changing the amount calculated and mis calculating the UPS cost by many times as much as 2 times the amount it should be.  This has brought sales of all our UPS shipment to a near hault.   Numerous calls to customer service have had no result on correcting the issue.  Ebay customer support after several days initially claiming it was just the rate increase (which is clearly is not because it is up nearly 50% not the %5 it is suppose to be), finally confirmed they have a problem and would escalate it to tech.  After finally getting one rep who was nice (Amy) to email and call me back, she confirmed that there is an ALERT for it (I think 9397), and it is only a meduim priority and has an expected fix date of APRIL 2017!!!!  UNREAL and totally unacceptable in my opinion.  Does anybody have a work around, we have discovered the tier one rates are closer to the actual posted UPS rates, we changed that setting on our account, but the new glitch is that it will not change the 7000 listings that we currently have, only the new listing that we post.  Called them on that, and apparently that is another glitch!!!!  Check the community discussion boards in the shipping section and see the previous other sellers that are having this issue as well.  Ebays handling of this MAJOR issue is pathethic!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ebay shipping calculator GROSSLY OVER CHARGING UPS shipping rates & ebay is clueless!!!

Just want to confirm this is what I have been seeing since the new year, had to refund excess shipping costs to customers in the region of $15-$20. Customer service have seen the changing rates on listings and I was told it would be logged as a tech problem, nothing has happened since. Also confirm that in order to allow "carrier specific discounts" you do  need to revise each listing for it to work.

Yesterday went to purchase an item, shipping said $21.41, went to pay, shipping $33.98, cancelled went back to listing, shipping $24.40. Only the highest rate locks in on checkout. I decided not to buy until this is fixed.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Ebay shipping calculator GROSSLY OVER CHARGING UPS shipping rates & ebay is clueless!!!

We didn't have this problem until just the last week or so. UPS Shipping coming up ridiculously high. Contacted EBay 3 times. First time, was told to contact UPS, not an EBay problem. Second time, was told they could reimburse me, and I in turn could reimburse my buyer for the extra shipping charged. I don't have time to call them, wait to find a rep who can help me do this every time. The third time, was finally told there was a glitch in EBay's UPS calculated shipping but did not know when it would be taken care of. I was also told I'd receive an email from them with more information. That was 24 hours ago, still nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply