cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay seller page loads are SLOW!

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR DAYS!!!! I would think it would be fixed by now NOT! So it's time to complain. Sellers pages load half screen and stall for a time before completing Also scrolling down gives you a BLANK PAGE! Click on a sellers item and nothing happens for 20 seconds or longer before the item page loads.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Windows 10.  PC. Fire fox. Not seeing that issue

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Are you using an ad blocker?

Does the page load faster if you disable it?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Go into your computer and go to your browser be it google chrome safari in apple and delete your browsing history. That is the culprit most of the time with a slow loading page. Also go to general settings and shut down then turn on your computer. See if that works. If this does not it work it is a problem with your internet connection.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It seems Ebay changed something as I found that my long installed POP UP/SCROLLING BANNER  BLOCKER is the problem Never seen either on ebay but now it's going to be a pain with turning it off to use Ebay  and  on as I surf the web.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Which ad blocker are you currently using? Possibly changing your ad blocker settings might speed things up.

In the past there have been interactions between certain "anti-circumvention" filters and eBay's sponsored listings in search results -- that might be one thing to check. If you are using Ad Block Plus, the "ABP" filter option might be worth temporarily disabling.

Or there may be an alternative ad blocker that allows pages to load faster until whatever is causing this issue is resolved.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Same problem here for last few days.

laptop/Windows 10/Chrome.

Download speed fine, router fine, all other website browsing normal (no delays.)

ABP turned off, cookies/history cleared and it makes no difference. Even had to wait several seconds for these pages to load before I could reply.

Task Manager shows high CPU usage, high GPU temperature and cooling fan running flat out when searching or refreshing pages on Ebay. Everything calms down when Ebay has finished refreshing. No issues on task manager when browsing other sites.

Conclusion? Not my laptop or connection. Ebay has made a mess of something and they need to fix it.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I have the same issue. It is very slow and there is HIGH CPU usage while you do search and eBay tries to display search results. It started several weeks ago. I have a laptop at work and here it is very noticeable because fans started spinning at high speeds. I am using AD Blocker for a long time and was much better before. Windows 10, Chrome

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@daisymen2009 

If you are using Ad Block, try disabling your Anti-Circumvention filters.

eburtonlab_0-1684859936355.png

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for your advice! I did try to disable Ab Block completely but the issue is still there. Just tried Firefox and it worked flawlessly, so it looks like a Chrome+eBay issue.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

it looks like a Chrome+eBay issue.

That is certainly possible, but other folks seem to be able to use Chrome to search eBay without the associated slow-down. There may be something specific about your Chrome set-up that is related to this issue.

Is it possible that you have another ad blocker installed in Chrome? Or maybe another non-ad-blocking add-on is causing a conflict. If possible, try temporarily disabling all add-ons in Chrome to see if that speeds things up for you. If you can isolate which add-on is causing the issue, you may be able to disable it and still use Chrome, and also help others that run into the same issue.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for your advice! I have just 2 plugins AdBlock and Google Docs, just uninstall it and it seems it started working better. Now it is not freezing on an empty page. But it is still a bit slow, especially with loading images now it is loaded the whole page without pictures, and then pictures appear one by one. So I can say partially it solved the problem, but compare with firefox it is still much slower. I only just noticed that using to show 240 items on the page,  I could be wrong but it seems it was a maximum of 200 items only, some time ago.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

You are very welcome.

I only just noticed that using to show 240 items on the page, I could be wrong but it seems it was a maximum of 200 items only, some time ago.

eBay changed the page format a bit; it might be worth clearing your cache and manually deleting just your eBay cookies to see if that helps. Older cache and cookie data can sometimes cause problems when pages change.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply