cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay page running super slow on Firefox.

Is it Bitcoin mining? Seriously, just starting it on my laptop, the processor goes nuts. Everything slows down. I wait like 8 seconds for "search items" to become operable. I use latest Firefox, and my HP Envy is otherwise superb and does not show this behavior on other pages. Please let me know how to solve this, not a new issue.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay page running super slow on Firefox.

If the problems seems to go away with your ad blocker disabled after a browser restart, then the problem may be with a particular filter. If you use Ad Block Plus, try disabling your ABP filter in your filter subscriptions. If you are using Ad Block, try disabling your "Anti-Circumvention" filter in the General settings.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have no idea what bitcoin mining is... but I'm not having any issues with whatsoever with Firefox I've been listing on eBay since 3am. 

You may have picked up a malware somewhere. 
You may need to run a virus scan turn on your ad blocker. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have a fast fiber connection and never ever have a delay with any site other than eBay. I switch back and forth between chrome, safari and Firefox to see which works better each day. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I will try with my ad / popup blockers disabled.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If the problems seems to go away with your ad blocker disabled after a browser restart, then the problem may be with a particular filter. If you use Ad Block Plus, try disabling your ABP filter in your filter subscriptions. If you are using Ad Block, try disabling your "Anti-Circumvention" filter in the General settings.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have 3 different blockers. Did not figure which was problematic but one surely fought with the page and must have got into some kind of a loop. Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You are very welcome!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply