cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has become unusable - WHAT THE HELL IS EBAY DOING? EBAY SUCKS!!!!!

Over the past two years, navigating through ebay pages is becoming slower and slower - if not impossible, pages are not loading completely, when you select "back to my ebay" the page, ebay does not always return you to your summary page - often you are returned to your items purchased page instead. When navigating seller listings, It takes forever to bring up an item or when you try to go back to your search results, the page just sits and "ginds and grinds" and there is no way to communicate with ebay to try find a solution to the problem. I have checked and this is not a problem with my computer nor my internet providers (MSN Premium, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrom, etc.) - the problem is only when I am in ebay. Don't have this problem with Amazon or other websites at all. I have been an ebayer for over 15 years, purchased over 3,000 items with 100% positive feedback and I no longer want to use ebay. EBAY YOU ARE PATHETIC! I will close my ebay account and find some other website "that actually works" to make purchases - such as Amazon.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Ebay has become unusable - WHAT THE HELL IS EBAY DOING? EBAY SUCKS!!!!!

http://fortune.com/2016/10/22/ddos-attack-hacker-profit/

There’s another, even darker money-driven application of DDoS attacks—industrial sabotage. Companies seeking to undermine their competition can hire hackers to take the other guys offline. DDoS services are often contracted through so-called “booter” portals where anyone can hire a hacker’s botnet in increments as small as 15 minutes. Researchers found last year that three of the most prominent booter services at the time had over 6,000 subscribers in total, and had launched over 600,000 attacks. (And despite the criminal reputation of Bitcoin, by far the largest method used to pay for DDoS-for-hire was Paypal.)

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

There is no later the problem starts when I get back on Ebay again. I thought it was my computer at first and bought a clean windows 10 to avoid the clutter on an oem set up and with no luck. As  soon as i got on Ebay instant freezing up.  

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

Don't use Edge, go back to default Internet Explorer 11, if you do not know how to do it call Microsoft at 866-425-8809 and demand that they show you how to change your defaut browser back to IE with auto updates.

It is a free call, keep the number, it is Microsoft Tech Support for Windows 10 users.

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

People need to suffer. I want to see them fired. I want to see them lose their homes. I want their dogs and cats and their parents and their children to be euthanized. Not humanely.
Message 34 of 46
latest reply

What happened to Ebay. It's not possible to use it.
Message 35 of 46
latest reply

Can I update to say it's even worse today, October 23rd 2017.

1. I try to reply to reply button in message from seller in my email messages and the page just goes blank?

2. I can only watch 25 items at a time, otherwise page never loads.

3. Annoying auto return to top of watch list when deleting items.

4. Numerous 'Sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Try again later.' messages all ove the site.

5. Tried EVERYTHING to sort this, log out, different eBay global sites etc. etc

Just a horrible, horrible experience selling and buying.

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

Why after Christmas?! They need to get it together now FOR Christmas!
Message 37 of 46
latest reply

I'm with you. They better hope that I decide to list my Sold Out Toys here and not the 4 other selling platforms I'm on. Especially since they take the most money and cause the most problems. My patience as a seller on here is also wearing thin. I'm considering starting the shut down process in January. I think it's like 6 months before u can close it out completely cuz they give buyers that much time to change their minds.
Message 38 of 46
latest reply

I think it is being caused by the catalog mess.  The real problem is that the catalog programers have to take a break for morning recess and then the afternoon break for a nap. jmho

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 39 of 46
latest reply

My problems are not significant as to slowness, I use Chrome.  However, in checking my listing position using a 4 word search Women's Cotton Blouse Small (or something similar) the results were 223,000 new items and 10,000 used.  My item had appropiate position in the ending soonest results, and was invisible in best match.   I sell used clothing and believe my sales are low because we are swamped with new product from China.  As I recall last year in October my sales bottomed out for the same reason.  If the eBay servers are struggling, I think they are underpowered for all the product listed in this month.  As for firing people on the board, Net Sales for eBay in 3rd quarter were up 9% over the same quarter last year.  I think the shareholders are happy.  All I am hoping for is that eBay attracts more buyers with their strategy (new buyers were up 2 million last quarter).  A vibrant market with many buyers will support us all.  I'm hanging in because last year everthing got better in January.

Good luck.

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS EVEN  MORE NOW....  MY EBAY ugggh   Watch list, purchase histroy all **bleep**ed up

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

x100 since this thread was started it SUCKS ON STEROIDS now.
HAL has taken over.
Message 42 of 46
latest reply

+1...even in 2018!

I can’t even submit an offer to a seller. Page goes blank when I click the button to make offer. Can’t get out of certain pages...have to close it down, and bring back up to get anywhere else but the same page. Slow as molasses. 

ebay has become a joke for a few years already. Especially when sellers get screwed due to new policies. But buyers get screwed too. I had a HARD time getting a refund because eBay kept giving me the runaround.

Nobody wins here anymore except eBay’s execs. Seriously doubt they care about sellers and buyers as long as $$$ is coming in.

i have a hope eBay reads these posts about their **bleep** service. But again, they probably don’t care seeing as how things get messed up and no changes to correct. 

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

Seller Hub sucks!  I am afraid to list anything for fear I wont beable to figure out how to ship it or how to find the sale.  I can not figure out what to do or how to find anything.  Everytime I log back in they change or add something.  It is like a bunch of idiots got together and they all had ideas on how they wanted it to be and they added it all!  We do not need all this **bleep** - make it easy - let the sellers and buyers pick the pages they want and leave it alone. I want classic ebay and selling manager that is all I need, that is all it takes, navigating through rush hour is easier than this, what the heck are you thinking eBay?  Seriously - I have not listed any new listings because I do not know how and am in fear I may get lost in all this **bleep**, my starting page has nothing to do with what I need and I have to keep switching to classic view IF I can find the dang page again and again to do so!!!!!!!!!  If I can not make sales I can not purchase items.........I tried and I tried this seller hub - results = a huge headache and lost of interest.

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

The usability for Ebay's website is terrible. Very surprised such a large company would leave their site so inefficient. It's a user interface problem for me. Will not be selling here anymore.
Message 45 of 46
latest reply