cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app shows different ship by date than website

One of the items I have to ship on the app shows it has to go out by tomorrow,  on the desktop it's due out today. The latter is correct, but I didn't realize the app was wrong until now. The same thing happened last week on three of my sales and I thought I misread the app, it must have displayed erroneous info which I didn't catch. Frustrating!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ebay app shows different ship by date than website

I am having this same issue. Recently got an uploaded late defect when it was actually on time. Currently no way to contact Ebay by phone to correct this.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This is still happening to me. I have 8 orders to ship. On the app the ship by date is off by a day, if I went by that date I would get 8 defects. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

A year later and this is still happening. I checked my eBay app and said I had to mail out by May 31st. Logged onto my app today to create shipping label and it was marked overdue for shipping. I literally had just checked it the night before. The phone app is showing 1 day later than website for due shipment dates. There are many forums discussing this problem and been happening for years apparently. So now I have a hit for not shipping on time. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@eclectic_outlet @michellrhode42 

While the app is open to your orders, shake your phone and a screen will pop up to report a tech issue. The more people reporting, the more likely eBay will look into it.

I checked the app and all my orders from today are showing correct ship-by dates so if this is a tech error, it's not affecting everyone which makes it even more important to report the tech issue.

Make sure you're using the latest version of the app and that your phone's OS is up to date. I know you are slightly challenged in that area Eclectic Outlet due to your older phone not being able to access the latest OS. 🙁

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have reported this as a problem in the past about a year ago when this happened on two of my shipments. I reported it by phone. The person just kept reassuring me as a top rated seller I wouldn't be affected with two late shipments. That no one had made a complaint. Most of the people answering phone for eBay have never sold on eBay and just give you the best answer to move on or they don't even know how many late shipments will affect your top rating without looking it up.  I asked to put it in as an issue with tech because there were post about this from other people on eBay forums. I really don't think they care about this issue. Is there a way to put in a complaint directly to tech dept via email/ written complaint?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Actually I'm no longer having that issue, my post was from 2023.  Sorry to hear you're still experiencing the problem  @michellrhode42 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply