cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay System is telling me to ship tomorrow, but I have same-day shipping (1/20/21)

Just reporting a glitch today, 1/20/21:

Things that sold last night and early this morning (that should have been labeled as needing to ship today 1/20/21) all had the message next to them "Ship January 21." 

I went ahead and shipped today, but wanted to mention this in case the system decides to start putting random, nonsensical "ship by" dates in for other people:/

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ebay System is telling me to ship tomorrow, but I have same-day shipping (1/20/21)

There have been other posts about this glitch. Probably it's bad programming carried over from a year when January 20 was a USPS holiday.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Ebay System is telling me to ship tomorrow, but I have same-day shipping (1/20/21)

Jan 20 was inauguration day, a national holiday and I think that some post offices were closed.  I know the ones in DC were.   Mine, in Augusta Wi was not.  But this week was crazy.  I have a 4 business day wait on my shipping and items I sold on the 15th, eBay said I did not have to ship until Monday the 25th.  I think they counted Monday, the 18th, which was Martin Luther King day and Wednesday, the 20th,  as holidays, in addition to Sat and Sun.    Had I waited that long to ship, my buyer would have been livid...lol !!!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Some PO's were closed in DC (and in a few state capitol areas) as a security measure, but inauguration day is not a postal holiday. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply