cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIS not offering shipping to UK

I had a customer contact me who wants to purchase from me, but EIS is not providing an option to the United Kingdom. And they are a previous customer of mine. Who previously purchased product through the same listing. Using EIS.

The business policy used by the listing was modified in the past to define shipping to only the US and Canada. Other countries, those not specified, were supposed to be shipped via EIS, but while most display, none of them now work (it says to contact me). And in the case of United Kingdom it doesn't show at all.

In an attempt to get EIS working, I changed the business policy so that it says I only ship to the US, no international, so EIS would kick in. It may have. I'm not sure. However, the United Kingdom is still completely missing.

And, also, the link that Ebay sometimes shows to the customer to "Contact the seller" for shipping costs does not work either. It goes to an error page. "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later."

In any case, this is what my listing currently shows for shipping information:

Ships to: 
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan Republic, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde Islands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon Republic, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Croatia, Republic of the Congo, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City State, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Excludes: 
Barbados, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Libya, Martinique, New Caledonia, Reunion, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Venezuela

Notice that the United Kingdom is completely missing. Not sure what I'm supposed to do here.
Message 1 of 126
latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

Item number @bigskysell ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 126
latest reply

I found an affected listing: 145339895203

Your other items ship to the UK like item: 144491599674

Can you try applying the biz policy being used on that second item to the first item to see if that fixes the problem?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 126
latest reply

I discovered if set the business policy so that it states that I ship internationally to Canada only, then for these 3 destinations:

Canada appears with shipping provided by me <- CORRECT

United Kingdom has disappeared. It is no longer an option. <- WRONG

Australia appears with shipping provided by EIS <- CORRECT

If I set the business policy to ship to Canada and the UK, then for these 3 destinations:

Canada appears with shipping provided by me <- CORRECT

United Kingdom appears with shipping provided by me <- OK, but I want to use EIS

If I set the business policy to no International shipping, then for the 3 destinations:

Canada appears with shipping provided by EIS <- CORRECT, but I want to use my own shipping

United Kingdom does not appear. It is missing. <-- WRONG

Message 4 of 126
latest reply

If I take this listing:

145238351988 - MGA LISTING / SHIP POLICY 2

And change the policy to the one used by this listing:

144491599674 - HW LISTING / SHIP POLICY 1

Then it generates an error:

The seller has not specified a shipping method to United Kingdom. Contact the seller and request shipping to your location.

SHIP POLICY 1 is simple. It is this: NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

So it should work on both listings. It is excluding UK when set to the MGA LISTING.

Message 5 of 126
latest reply

>>The seller has not specified a shipping method to United Kingdom. Contact the seller and request shipping to your location.

That's the message shown when:

- the country is not excluded and there is no direct shipping method specified

or

- the country is not excluded and the item is not eligible for eIS to that country

The really strange part is how the UK is not appearing anywhere on the "ships to" list or the "excludes" list. And seemingly every country not on the default exclusions list (Russia, etc) is eligible for eIS - it's just the UK that's singled out. These are action figure accessories so I'm not sure what the issue is. If I have time I'll dig into it more later and see if I can come up with other suggestions.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 126
latest reply

Yes, that is what is happening. I think you are on to something. It must be something to do with the categories being different. It is indeed strange that the UK is being locked out when "POLICY 1" is applied. Which is a simple flat rate shipping policy to the US only, with the rest of the world supposed to be serviced by EIS.

Likewise, "POLICY 2" (the one I want to use) is the same simple flat rate shipping policy to the US, but with the addition of calculated shipping to Canada only. The goal for it was that I want to handle US and Canada only, with EIS servicing the rest of the world.

The only work around I have for getting the UK to show up as an option in the Action Figures category, if that is indeed the source of the problem, is to change the policy so that I provide the shipping to the UK. That is the only method I can see right now for getting the UK to show back up. So I guess I'll do that.

Thanks for helping with this. Very much appreciated.

Message 7 of 126
latest reply

It's not just the category. Here is one of my old listings which is set to US only shipping:

There is no EIS to UK on my listing. It is missing.

Here is someone else's listing for a similar type item in the same category:

They appear to be doing US only shipping as well, but they have EIS to UK.

Message 8 of 126
latest reply

I'm experiencing the same problem as well.  Buyer just made a purchase out of the UK and said he received this screen.  Most of my other listings have the UK on as a destination, but for some reason this item does not.  I've tried relisting the item, relisting in Incognito Mode, relisting using a different computer (just in case there's Cookies), and relisting using completely different product information just in case my product has an embargo or something.  Nothing works.  6.jpg

Message 9 of 126
latest reply

Same issue. Customer from UK wrote me and said, "When I try to checkout, it says you don't ship to my address." I noticed on the listing that UK is not on the list of countries EIS ships to. I called eBay tonight. eBay Representative and her superiors were unaware of the issue. I told her to look here on eBay Community and stated that it has been an issue for at least 3 days. Hopefully, the glitch will get resolved.

Message 10 of 126
latest reply

I'm having a different UK problem with my listings. Just noticed today when I tried to do some new listings that even though I ship to the UK, which is clearly shown in my listing template, and is clearly show as a country I ship to in my shipping preferences, that it's not showing up in the live listing.  It's not showing up anywhere either as allowed or excluded. Haven't tried calling ebay yet, but I've found dozens of listing where the UK is just missing.

Message 11 of 126
latest reply

That seems to be the same problem as the original poster @mokelbe - UK wasn't showing on their ships to or their exclusions list.

Some of your listings do ship to the UK like 224909027725

But others that aren't showing UK are toys, just like all the other sellers I've seen affected by this. I believe it's a block tied to both category and country. Nothing the seller can control - it's something set up by eBay. The problem has been brought to eBay reps' attention on this forum in another discussion thread, but they haven't come back with any info from the eIS team.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 126
latest reply

I haven't gone through all my listings yet to see what is impacted, but so far everything with the issue seems to be toy related. It's very frustrating because this has only happened when I opted into EIS. Before, when I choose my own shipping method I didn't have this issue and sold many items like this to the UK. So if eBay isn't going to address it, it will be a nightmare to have to go in and try to find all these items and revise them to show a different shipping method not using EIS.  Plus, now if you do ship internationally, and don't use EIS you have to manually look up the 6 digit tariff code which is not all that easy to do.  What a nightmare.

Message 13 of 126
latest reply

Yes, it's definitely frustrating. 😞

At this point I've seen at least half a dozen sellers dealing with this and all the items are toys. Must be a restriction eBay placed based on category + country.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 126
latest reply

And another weird thing is that it isn't consistent within the toy category.  Many of my listings in that category are showing the UK, and randomly many aren't.  And not tied in any way to when I did the listing.  Some that are missing UK are new and some are very old.  It's just really random.  If is was a category/country thing that might be easier to get eBay's attention, but this (at least for me) is seemingly random.

Message 15 of 126
latest reply