cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafts Not Saving Completely If Left Open Very Long

Anyone having problems with their drafts saving?  Within the past 2 weeks I've begun having a recurring problem with drafts.  If I start a draft and walk away from the computer for a time, when I come back to the desk and finish then save as a draft, the browser hangs at "Saving Draft".  I have to refresh the page or close the browser then when I return to the draft usually a lot of the information I entered is lost and has to be re-entered.  I've tried this on two different computers using both Edge and Chrome and it continues to happen.  Not sure how long it has to be open before this happens, but I've seen it happen in the time it takes for me to go make a cup of coffee to having a draft left overnight.  

I've updated my browsers, cleared my cache, and rebooted my computers and still it happens.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

I just tried to save a draft without walking away from my computer and it did the same thing. This is related to another string on sporadic failure to list or save and several other strings. The cause is ambiguous.

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

Oh, I forgot that the attempt to save immediately followed the failure to change an eBay category on a new listing. It hung up on changing the category by failing to register or save my new category choice. The failed save followed that. Maybe that helps provide a clue as to what's happening.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

Same here, it's a new bug.  I basically keep all my "templates" in my scheduled listings and reschedule them every 2 weeks.

I noticed when I go to finally post a listing using a temple, if I take too long, 20 minutes or longer, it will "hang up" and not allow me to post it.  So, I then am forced to copy paste the entire body of the listing into a new listing page.

The reason this is such a pain in the butt, is because I know need to fill out around 20-30 Item Specifics, every, single, time.  I also need to re-upload a picture for my listings almost every time now too.

My best advice is to save the listing you are working on every 15-20 minutes as a scheduled listing if you haven't finished it, then re-open it back up to edit it so it doesn't time out. 

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

This happened twice to me this week. I'm on the phone with Ebay support right now about it. 

I worked on the most recent listing for more than an hour. I already packed up the lot of 10 items (all described separately in the Description box) and weighed the box to complete the shipping information. When I tried to save it, the system has been cycling with "saving draft" for more than an hour but nothing has been saved.

Only a very old draft has been saved. More than an hour's work has been lost. 

Support tells me they put in a trouble ticket for Engineering. However, since it's clear this bug has been around for a week or more and Engineering has done nothing about it.

By the way, this is the second time this has happened to me. I think the last time was a few days ago, and I phoned customer support then.

Ebay's user experience has always been awkward and buggy, but this hits a new low.

PS I can see input is autosaved here in this community forum. Doesn't appear they can make it work in the listing process, though.

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

Also check out the zillions of complaints about the "refuses to connect" error in the middle of seller's attempting to list.

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

Just had this happen to me again today. Its been going on for over a week.

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

Yep, keep saving, like a buggy version of Microsoft Word in 1999.

From now on, I'm keeping the Description text for each listing in a text file on my computer, too. Laborious and prehistoric, but as long as you're selling on eBay, you can't trust it.

(Oddly, this forum software, which I presume was purchased by eBay from Khoros, does autosave, like properly current software.)

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Thanks for creating this thread. I have experienced this issue since June, maybe even May?

Now that I know this error is likely eBay's glitchy system, I can relax knowing that I'm not doing anything wrong. This week I started copying my descriptions before attempting to save and list. I also started saving drafts and reopening them throughout the listing process.

Get it together, eBay!

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

This just happened to me today for the first time.  I was working on a listing, hit list, and nothing happened.  I did this a couple of times and nothing happened, not even the thinking circle.  So I decided to save as a draft.  I went back in and none of the work was saved.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

Just wanted to pop in here to remind Ebay, if anyone there is listening, that there is no bottom to my loathing for their **bleep**, buggy listing tool.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

Hours of work into a multi-variant listing today....and it's all gone thanks to this awful bug. I don't even feel like redoing it, I'm so mad. 

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

I am having the same issue.  eBay's save as draft page goes into an ever

lasting timeout. 

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Experiencing this now.  Never fixed, I guess.  PITA!!!

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

soobahkeric
Pathfinder

My God, this keeps happening to me and I'm fed up.

You have one job Ebay, fix this, it's ridiculous that it is even an issue.

Maybe I need to look at other auction and selling platforms instead.

Message 15 of 46
latest reply