cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafts Coping Not Working Again

When you go to make a copy of a draft it gives the woops warning and does not work. It was working last night and now it is busted again. How are we supposed to list if we cannot use a saved draft as a template? The work around does not work either. How does Ebay manage to stay in business selling their stock to their shareholders when the system barely functions as planned. There are so many glitch's in the system it's a wonder it just doesn't crash. I just want to make copies of my drafts, change them to a new & different item and then list them. It's not rocket science to code a program so that one can have it work right. After all, TurboLister got fixed years ago and it worked right more or less - at least one could make copies and templates with it, then Ebay cancels the program that works and gives Sellers this piece of junk.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Try this. Refresh the drafts page. Then copy one of the problem drafts. You will get an error message. Just ignore it and close the copy window. Next refresh the page again. You should see the copied draft. Use that one to list. I've taken to copying all my drafts before 30 days as they are likely to disappear without warning. When the originals go away, I copy the copies and so on ad infinitum. Keeps all the important ones active. HTH.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

The work around you suggest does not work any longer. It stopped work yesterday when the Copy feature stopped working. You can no longer make a Draft in the Drafts page. There is not a problem draft, you cannot copy any Drafts. I can open Drafts, manipulate them, but I cannot copy them.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Also, That work around worked  a few days ago. Not Any more... Its a shame that in my 22+ years on eBay,

That whenever there is a problem for  me as a seller and as I review these threads. There is never a real solution from eBays tech help, chat, phone call etc, Just excuses no solutions or real help.. As said by  Original Poster on this thread  it would be a simple fix if they did it right... I am Sure we all just hope they actually fix it. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Exact same issue here and none of the normal workarounds are working. I have several listings I need to create and this is a huge problem.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Same issues, I list 100+ items a day by using my drafts but not today is seems. It's had so many ongoing issues over the past year but this is a first for me. You would think drafts would be the easiest section to keep working properly, shows what I know lol

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

It's really ridiculous, eBay. Here's a workaround that just worked for me. In in the upper right-hand corner, there's a "Create Listing" dropdown. You can use that to make multiple drafts. It helps to keep another window open with the draft you want to copy/paste from. That worked for me! 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

That works but you have to start each Draft all over again from scratch. If you are using previous drafts for a template, which Ebay states is the reason for the copy feature, that saves a lot of time.  Do you understand how long it would take to create 100+ Drafts the way you are suggesting? I was going to list tonight but now will have to wait a week so the auctions end on a certain day. So my ability to earn money has been ground to a halt by Ebay. TurboLister runs rings around Drafts in functionality and reliability - and that's saying something I never thought I'd say about TurboLister. They took TurboLister away from us without making sure that the Drafts, which was to replace it, worked. Drafts has not functioned correctly since its inception. This is par for the course at Ebay - They cut their nose off to spite their face every time. No thought or planning done at all before changes are put in place. So whoever is running the great all-can-do programming area of Ebay needs to go back to school because, considering all the glitches on Ebay, past and present, you did not tell the truth on your resume. Everyone who uses Drafts and is as frustrated as I am should ask Ebay to call them and report that the Drafts area is not working. All the worker bees say is "I'll report it". What good does it do to report a fire in the backyard when the whole place is burning down? The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Is there a way to create multiple, but from a template? Or can I create multiple templates at once? I used to create from template, then copy that one up until it stopped working. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Correct how useful they are. Maybe others do not know how to use drafts properly. I have drafts for many things, T-Shirts, Hats, Jackets, cds, cassettes, dvds, shoes, purses, etc. For those who do not understand what that means, it means you have all the details filled in already. Things like ebay category, store category along with items specific details that do not change or for like T-shirts I have "brand" set on Gildan and color set at "white" because the majority of the Tees are that brand and that color. You can literally list an item in 30 seconds when you use drafts to your advantage and easily list 100 plus items a day. I have zero listed today because of this issue. and listed almost 4000 items last month. Falling behind now...

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Same here. eBay, how long to fix this? I can list new items super fast as long as ‘copy draft’ is working. It takes 10x longer without this. Please, please fix this ASAP. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

with the expenses we pay to sell here, we deserve a site that works 100%.  If it does not we deserve a partial or full credit of our monthly fees.  Even cable tv will give credit when you lose service.

I will not list on eBay until the copy feature works.  if it does not work,  I will cancel my monthly store and I will not pay an early cancel fee.  I want what I pay for and all this **bleep**, like copy not working, makes eBay even more expensive and not worth the money.

The copy function didn't work before but at least it made the copies one just had to refresh the page.  Now after about a week  it is completely broken.    With the ability to create copies I can list literally 100s in one hour.  With a work-around copy and paste it will net only about 10.  And eBay has the bal*s to raise fees again? 

This ship is sinking.  Make a run for the lifeboats while you can.  After they're full its life preservers only.  And in the end if you don't hurry you will go down with the ship.

Let the executives continue the party at the HQ, but it too will sink and the party will end.  They could save their pot of gold by fixing the broken features, broken links, making it a level playing field for all sellers, and stop raising fees. 

Could a buy out by Amazon save the ship?  Maybe,  but is Amazon interested in a bird with one wing?

Kevin A
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

As of the writing of this post, the Copy function on the Drafts page still has not been fixed so we are at 48 hrs. now with no usable way to make a template/copy drafts. I remember when TurboLister was in use at Ebay got right on it if something went wrong with TurboLister. This provides more evidence that Ebay does not give a pa-toot  about Sellers. If a Buyer got a hang nail and Ebay found out, Ebay's hair would be on fire to come to the aide of the Buyer. I suggest if this really bothers people here, you take a trip over to E commerce Bites and file a complaint there that will go public and let the whole world know. E commerce Bites has a way of getting under Ebay's skin according to the New York Times and the SF Gate.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

A template can only be created from a listing (as opposed to a draft), which defeats the purpose. In addition, we can't have more than 50 templates at any given time and, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm always maxed out on templates.

I currently have 48 items that I need to list from the same draft - this has gone from an annoyance to a huge problem.

tyler@ebay @Anonymous 

Can anyone provide any additional information or assistance on getting this resolved?

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

So frustrating! They say they are working on it. I did find a decent work around with templates and the new listing page layout uploads picture super quick even though the item specific are a mess on there. Still slower but I upload pictures first using the new page layout for 100 items, save them as I go. Then switch to the classic page layout to fill out the details in the drafts then list.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply