cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting ebay capture and attitude

I have account on ebay about 10 years. And I'm so disappointed in this company that I want to leave and recommend to everyone. I tried to login and it asks me to prove that I'm a human.

Who gave you the right to doubt who I am???

When I went to customer support I have got the same captcha as well.

Are you crazy there in the office?

**bleep** is going on? 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BqaackTvgcmDU64EA

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Disgusting ebay capture and attitude

Security systems are necessary: all you are to eBay is the code that comes from your devices, and they have no way to say you be dog, cat ant or human or a bot.

Check your setting to see if it keeps you log on or not.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@andrew894 

The captcha isn't anything new, they are all over the internet.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Until you actually complete the sign-in process, eBay has no idea who you are at all. Anyone at all could attempt to sign in to your account using your username.

Scammers use automated scripts to attempt to sign in to other users' accounts by trying successive passwords. Once an account has been taken over, the scammer can use it for fraudulent purchases or sales.

A Captcha test or similar "Are you human?" test is one way to put a road block in front of such scripts. While it is an annoyance to a real person, it actually prevents various kinds of automated attacks.

There are other ways of accomplishing the same thing, but they have different drawbacks.

Most users that do not erase cookies or change IP-addresses between sessions only have to face the Captcha once. If you find yourself going through such verification that might be sign that your browser is not accepting or saving cookies, your network is changing your IP-address frequently, or else that eBay has detected some sort of problem with your account, such as multiple failed sign-in attempts from disparate locations.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Capcha is not working at all. I tried 10 times and all finished with errors

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

If you are using an old bookmark, try going directly to the main ebay.com page and sign in there instead.

Some other things to try:

Try another browser or the eBay app. Preferably the latest version of a popular browser. If you are using popup blockers, script blockers or tracking protection, try disabling those on the sign-in or verification page.

If you are using a VPN, try disabling that.

If you are using privacy software like Disconnect or Ghostery, try disabling that.

Make sure your browser is accepting cookies, including third party cookies.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ebay can put capcha where the sun don't shine.

I am on ebay all day.

I make a purchase.

BAM, ebay wants capcha from hell to verify to make a paymment??????????????

LIKE I REALLY CARE who makes payment for me.

There LAME EXCUSE is bots.

If a bot wants to pay my bills, I will likewise give to the bot all my electric bills and tax bills and water bills and credit card bills.

fleabay is going way to far.

They already sell your and mine information to hundreds of other sites, most of which I have blocked in my /etc/host file.

We DESPERATELY need an HONEST replacement for fleabay.

Then apply the sulfur soap.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If a bot wants to pay my bills, I will likewise give to the bot all my electric bills and tax bills and water bills and credit card bills.

Bots will not be paying your bills for you, though scammers using bots may want access to your financial details to spend your money elsewhere, or access to your eBay account to create scam listings in your name.

eBay has an interest in making sure only you are using your account, even if you do not seem to care.

If you are being prompted for multiple Captchas per session, that may indicate a problem with your browser or your network settings. Perhaps cookies are not being saved correctly, critical information is being blocked from reaching eBay, or the information eBay is receiving is stale or contradictory.

They already sell your and mine information to hundreds of other sites, most of which I have blocked in my ,etc,host file.

That might be related to why you are receiving multiple Captcha requests.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If you are ALREADY SIGNED IN, why would the GOOGLE owned capcha demons be harassing me when I go to pay and when I look at another sellers feedback?

I have seen some suggestions to use facebook or google to sign in.

I should not have to use anything other then ebay to log into ebay. PERIOD.

Fleabay needs to CEASE AND DESIST selling members information to other sites.

They need to stop ALL AFFILIATIONS with criminals at google and facebook.

I do not even have a google account on any of my phones.

I do not use google for search or email.

NOTICE;

If a product is free, that means that you are the product.

They do not need revenue from SPYING on members and selling members info and habits.

They already charge the HIGHEST SELLER FEES of all internet shopping sites.

They have robots that read EVERY message that you send or recieve.

My grandmother used to say "he who is doing the accusing is the one doing the cheeting".

Fleabay accuses members who are already signed in because FLEABAY is the ones with the robots watching us so they can sell us out to not just the highest bidder but rather to EVERY BIDDER even if for a penny.

I would just move everything to amzn but that amzn doesn't have as many old, or odd items for sale. They do however have cheaper prices on many new items and better seller and buyer support. Amzn also has LIVE people you can call when you need help.

Fleabay used to have live people but the ebay robots killed them all.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

First day on the internet?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply